Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Engine D-4d - Problem With Turbo ?

creme

Hi Everybody

Has anyone got a problem in yaris 1.4 D-4D with lose performance but rpm are high(3000 rpm) ? From time to time when I need realy swift start on crossroad , I step on the accelerator and speed goes very slowly up :crybaby: (I tried any tricks ,change gear down ,step out accelerator and again step on ,but nothing help , I just have to wait when TURBO swich on- then is performance back) . Im confuse coz this car is very swift.

Have you checked your air filter? It might be blocked.

Next thing to check is your EGR valve - it is working properly? it is the round brass part on the top left left of the engine with the small hose coming out of it. When the engine is turned off it should be easy to activate and de-activate it with your hand. Can you see it on the left of the picture - just beside the pipe from the intercooler and straight down from the oil fill cap?

Under-the-bonnet-June-07.jpg

You can block the hose leading to it completely for even faster pickup.

If its neither of those then I;m afraid I can't really help...

:thumbsup:

A

Hi Everybody

Has anyone got a problem in yaris 1.4 D-4D with lose performance but rpm are high(3000 rpm) ? From time to time when I need realy swift start on crossroad , I step on the accelerator and speed goes very slowly up :crybaby: (I tried any tricks ,change gear down ,step out accelerator and again step on ,but nothing help , I just have to wait when TURBO swich on- then is performance back) . Im confuse coz this car is very swift.

Have you tried a different fuel? Shell diesel extra or BP ultimate make an amazing difference to my yaris diesel, i can really feel the turbo kick in and it goes like stink!!! no problems with flat spots either.

^ That's a good point - try buying fuel somewhere different and see if that helps. I once used BP Ultimate and it DID make a difference - I;m sure it wasn't a placebo effect as I;d filled with it by accident. I'm too flipping tight to fill with it intentionally though :lol:

A

^ That's a good point - try buying fuel somewhere different and see if that helps. I once used BP Ultimate and it DID make a difference - I;m sure it wasn't a placebo effect as I;d filled with it by accident. I'm too flipping tight to fill with it intentionally though :lol:

A

Shell diesel extra is same price as regular and i found it to be as good as BP ultimate

Also worth checking your boost pipes for leaks. A boost leak will cause lack of acceleration and also a drop in economy. Do you have a boost gauge in your car?

• 4 years later...

There appears to be a problem with the French built D4d engine turbo unit ... The oil seals fail and the engine cylinders fill with lube oil and the engine is a complete write off afterwards, recommend you get your turbo checked ASAP ... Yes my 23 month old D4d Yaris did exactly that.

There appears to be a problem with the French built D4d engine turbo unit ... The oil seals fail and the engine cylinders fill with lube oil and the engine is a complete write off afterwards, recommend you get your turbo checked ASAP ... Yes my 23 month old D4d Yaris did exactly that.

Ouch - hope you were within the mileage iimits of the warranty - if you were - thank :censor: for warranties

• 3 years later...

i may have this problem too not sure but when im on the motorway and it gets a little hilly the speed drops i also find i can have my foot to the floor and it doesnt help but i find this when driving round at 30 mph too

ive cleaned the egr valve which was really dirty

im yet to get to a fuel station of choice so cant say whether premium fuel will help but i will be putting in bp next time

any more info about your problem would be great

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links