Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fav Yaris Poll

sphinktar1988

Fav Yaris Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best looking yaris

• Phase One
    • Phase two (tear drop grille and new headlamps)
    • the new 2006 on yaris

The new sr has finally swayed me the way of the new yaris. Saving up to get one!

I think the SR (1.8) is the next natural progression from the T Sport if you want to remain with Toyota and a small hatch back.

It is growing on me slowly, if only it had a sunroof and alarm then I would be ordering one today!

I wonder when the phase 2 mark 2 will be coming out?!

I wonder when the phase 2 mark 2 will be coming out?!

Took 4 years before so aim for 2010! :lol:

Should have enough in my penny jar by then :yes:

• 1 year later...

I vote the current new shape :)

I’m seeing more on the road nowadays and its looking rather good, especially in Red/3 door/nice alloys/lowered.

P1 for me, not being biased of course!! :P :D

Prefer the Phase 1 for the external looks (Aerial placement, lights), but the phase 2 for all the other little fixes etc.

Don't like the 2006 ones because they don't have sunroofs :P

Having owned both mark 1 & 2 SRs I can't decide :$ I found the mark 1 easier to drive, but mark 2 more practical. I do like the T-sports though, and of course my little 1.8 SR :)

P1 arial is better than the carbon copy Golf type P2! P2 teardrops are the only REAL visual improvement on the P1. The later interior is inferior, with squared up buttons... on a curvy car? NOOOOOOOOOOO!

The boot light is still crap so no biggy. The new Yaris is just Toyota trying to make a bigger, small car, so as to make a smaller, small car (AYGO) like Ford did with the Fiesta!

It lost ALL the Yarissiness about it and just become a corperate-branded car, like every other manufacturer... What happened to the quirky individuality? Only the IQ (Nearly) fits this bill, now from Mr. T!

When the Yaris was launched, it WAS different to everything..... A reliable japmobile, made for a European market, by Erupean designers. Then they tried to fix something that wasn't even scratched, let alone broken!

They should have just changed trims etc, for another three or so years. The single biggest thing changing to a P2 and then a new shape, was to lower the prices/values of one of the markets lowest depreaciating cars in that sector!

We have a P1 Jap T-Sport and it feels a lot more sturdier and well-built compared to the P2 French Blue that we have

I'm intrigued.... can you explain how the french one feels less sturdy and less well built? This French vs. Japanese comparison often seems to crop up but other than the wing mirrors what else isn't as good? Were the French assembled Yari built from some inferior parts, sourced from different factories to the Japanese ones?

I like the P1 Yaris; maybe I'm biased as I have a very nice P1 T Sport - Jap built of course! Didn't they change the rear bumper on the P2 which made the rear look a bit fussy?

I think generally Jap built Toyota's are built to higher standards than most european models, although some European standards are catching up - but then in the words of Clarkson "the French are a bunch of lazy surrender monkies" so maybe they just couldn't be ar5ed!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links