Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Braking & Mounting Lowering Springs On T180

Sinttruijen

Just wanted te share some experience since a friend of mine also bought a T180 and dind't mount the lowering springs.

Some background info:

The T180 is equiped with a load adjusted braking system for the rear brakes. This means that when the Auris has a heavy load in the ( full trunk or many backseat drivers), the rearbrakes get more braking fluid pressure.

There is a leaver mounted in the middle of the rear suspension which meassures the hight ( read: "load") of the rear of your Auris.

Difference after mounting lowering springs:

Since you mount your lowering springs WITHOUT modifying this leaver, your braking system "thinks" your auris has a big load in the back ( lowering springs brings the back of your Auris 3 cm down) and transfers more pressure to the rear brakes.

Findings:

After driving eachother T180. Mine with lowering & my friends without, we noticed a shange in braking behavoure. :thumbsup:

The T180 with lowering had a better response of breaking , then the without lowering springs.

The T180 without was getting heavy in stearing on the front of ther car while breaking, while the T180 with lowering springs was getting a bit "tailhappy" while breaking.

The T180 rear brakes were getting hotter with lowering springs. This means they are used more intense.

Overall, this gives in my opinion a conclusion that the rearbrakes of a standard T180 are not getting enough pressure. Therefore they stearing characteristics

while breaking are not optimal.

Conclusion:

Mount loweringsprings to improve your front- versus rear break brakes balance.

Caution:

Don't try to shorten the leaver manually, cause i have NO idea how much millimeters it has to be shortened to match the same effect gained by mounting lowering springs.

Just wanted to share my findings with you guyz :rolleyes: & hope you guyz have some use for it

Greetz,

That is not right i`m afraid.

The sensor on the middle of the rear suspension has not got anything do to with the brakes, it is for adjustment of the xenon lights.

B)

That is not right i`m afraid.

The sensor on the middle of the rear suspension has not got anything do to with the brakes, it is for adjustment of the xenon lights.

B)

Thanks for the correction :thumbsup:, cause the leaver was appointed after a quick inspection. mabye too quick :rolleyes:

Cause this much difference of breaking pressure on the rear brakes between 2 T180's is too much by random change.

Then the effect of brakingpressure for the rearbrake has to be made by a different meganism then this leaver. any idea which mechanism toyota uses for this ?

thnxs,

is it all not linked through the ecu,s to the brakes actuator, the ecu takes readings from a yaw rate sensor which tells the ecu what position the car is in therefore deciding with the wheel speed sensors how much force to apply to the brakes?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links