Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Anti Roll Bar Bush Question

Chris81

my a/r/b bushes are knackered but the question is should i leave it to my mechanic to do at my next mot or should i get the jack and stands out and replace them myself???

Is it a easy job or pain in the !Removed!?

If you are able to undo a long bolt and nut then its easy. Just watch the order which you take out the washers and rubbers.

ALL parts (bushes, bolts,etc) needed to repair both sides (ARBs) come to £30 from Toyota. A friend of mine was quoted £145 to include the parts and fitting. So if, you're handy with a spanner you'll save over £100 labour.

Or if you have a new car warranty/toyota approved used car warranty/extended warranty then they'll do it for you.

ALL parts (bushes, bolts,etc) needed to repair both sides (ARBs) come to £30 from Toyota. A friend of mine was quoted £145 to include the parts and fitting. So if, you're handy with a spanner you'll save over £100 labour.

Or if you have a new car warranty/toyota approved used car warranty/extended warranty then they'll do it for you.

I was quoted £190 from my local ***** Turpin.....oops, Toyota Dealer! The initials are the same, in reverse!

Also, one of the eBay sellers was going to negotiate a deal for TOC members, not sure if it is too late now or not! They were the price mentioned by another TOC member, but then discount to be arranged. B)

Strange... Can't put the short name for Richard in.... This censoring is a cnut! Tee-Hee.

• 2 weeks later...

hi sorry to stick my nose in on your topic but...mine went ... drove me mad trying to work out ,what was knockin for days ..anyway toyota charged me £30 for the parts for one side ,but needed an angle grinder to get the bolts off ...im a big guy and i sheered one of the bolts off with brute force ...making the other side impossible to hold ...fortunately toyota had kindly fitted all the washers in correct order.......and yes i used wd40 over night and heat. before snapping bolts.....

hi sorry to stick my nose in on your topic but...mine went ... drove me mad trying to work out ,what was knockin for days ..anyway toyota charged me £30 for the parts for one side ,but needed an angle grinder to get the bolts off ...im a big guy and i sheered one of the bolts off with brute force ...making the other side impossible to hold ...fortunately toyota had kindly fitted all the washers in correct order.......and yes i used wd40 over night and heat. before snapping bolts.....

Aah! But did you tighten it a lttle, before you tried to undo it? This, as many a mechanic would tell you, sometimes breaks the rusty seal that has developed. ;)

Right then!

Kingo can supply all the nuts bolts washers etc etc at £24.99 PER SIDE Inc Carriage to any UK address

PM me if you want any

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links