Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Brakes .....again

monkeynuts

when i first got my t-sport 2 months ago the brake were ***** to be fair, but after about 500 miles thay bed in nicely and all seemed fine. i guessed it was just rusty discs as mentioned b4 but it was corrodid and we skimmed them

but now (after another 1500miles ) thay have started to feel iffy again and the was slight wherling noise at the back.

so at weekend i jacked it up and took a look over it , and the front discs are scored deep and the pads are low and the rear pads are down to the metal tab.

so im gouing to bite the bullet and do the whole lot, discs and pads all round :blowup: which so faw anit cheap :eek: but at least i know thay are spot on then

iv rang kimber friction who quoted £250+vat for the lot for standard set, :wacko: which is steap i thought for standard brakes

my questions are

:help: are the any brakes you would recomed i get in stead ?????

:help: where from??????

:help: and how much??????

any help would be much appreciated as i hope to do them this weekend so i can bed them in b4 i go to cormwall early next month :help::help::help:

many thanks

john

mine will need doing soon aswell but i havent priced any up yet. the last ones i got for previous cars havent been priced too bad around £17 for pads a set and £30 for discs. have you tried eBay? :thumbsup:

i thought the same :unsure:

all my old cars have been cheap as chips for pads and discs, like you say around £30

iv found that the cheapest for standard brake for mine so far

front - pads £29 discs £93

+ vat

rear - pads 19 discs £88

total £229 +vat = £ 269

from kimber friction

in southampton

so with them been so expencive id like to know what people think i should get

cos if up rated 1s are a extra few quid id rather get better ones

any help please

• 5 months later...

Just to further this can anyone tell me how to remove the rear discs??? They seem to be held on by the handbrake mechanism

thanks

Paul

dont worry ive sussed it - you have to line up the hole in the disc at the bottom with the adjuster 'star' then turn that to expand or decrease the shoes inside the disc drum.

just a update

i got EBC discs for the front and red stuff pads all round and the difference is amazing, iv now done about 5k with them on and still good as gold

i got hte whole lot from www.firstchoicemechanics.co.uk and thay cost £178 for every think inc p&p. kev who works there was a great help

i even painted the calipers just to be a tart

Picture034-1.jpg

cheers john

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links