Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving Test

GIDDLEPIN

Are you a moron  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When there is heavy rain/spray I always.......

• Put my headlights on
    • Use sidelights only (Don't want to wear out my bulbs)
    • Don't use lights (They are only for sissy's)

Whether I'm in the car or driving trucks it always amazes me why people don't use their headlights in heavy rain or spray, the amount of vehicles that don't bother seems to be getting worse, just try looking in your mirror when it's bad and you will (or won't see) what I mean.

In an answer to the quiz if you put..............1/, You have my undying respect and admiration :thumbsup: If it was 2/ and 3/, Congratulations you win the moron of the year award, to collect your prize just keep driving the same way in bad conditions and you will soon be rewarded with some fine bodywork modifications :yes:

NOW YOU SEE ME

NOW YOU DON'T

i just use exhaust flames to alert people behind me, ask chris and asha

When you come up the motorway backwards I should see you just fine then :thumbsup:

i just use exhaust flames to alert people behind me, ask chris and asha

When you come up the motorway backwards I should see you just fine then :thumbsup:

But ill be in front, remember the car infront...................................................is winning

I always put my lights on full. It's what I was taught to do, so I keep doing it... shame it's the only thing I still do! Crossed hands, one hand on the wheel is regular now. Etc.

I do have to ask - if you're complaining about idiots not putting their lights on, why are you taking pictures of said people whilst driving?! :P

I always put my lights on full. It's what I was taught to do, so I keep doing it... shame it's the only thing I still do! Crossed hands, one hand on the wheel is regular now. Etc.

I do have to ask - if you're complaining about idiots not putting their lights on, why are you taking pictures of said people whilst driving?! :P

I never took the pictures ;)

It amazes me too. I always put my main lights on, being a small car I know how easy it is to miss others who haven't got their lights on full. We have a Volvo with it's main lights (not just side lights) on all time as standard and no one misses us!

Well... it seems my browser is turning all the radio buttons to checkboxes! How radical! :P SO I went for 1 and 2... but then the forum spazzed out... so Ive left it alone...

1 and 2 because it truely depends how heavy the rain is... sometimes only sidelights are necessary... but once the spray starts getting bad.. to have to go for headlights.... ESPECIALLY in an MR2... they just dont seem to see you at all otherwise!

Like a shark zooming around within the watery depths :P

I dont put the lights on when its raining, but I know that I should do

There rain and then there's RAIN!

For the really heavy stuff I use main headlights, but then it's usually so dark due to black clouds you need them. For a bit of light rain I usually just stick to side lights.

I voted ages ago but my vote was for lights.... spray=poor visability=people not seeing you=potential accident! :blink:

Well the Yaris Blue is easy to miss due to it's light colouring so when I'm in that I pretty much always have the sidelights on so people can see it more during normal weather and in sunshine too..the glare sometimes makes it very difficult to see people yet as said above can never miss a Volvo! I also once nearly missed a silver Yaris in the rain when it didnt have any headlights on at all and it was chucking it down on the dual carriageway.

In anything more than a slight drizzle/the odd few spots or too it's headlights on full beam straight away for me. I much prefer it and won't do anything else.

Sidelights and fogs for me B), unless it's really heavy in which case I may put the mains and fogs on, but not if I can help it, I find main beams dazzle alot in the rain.

They aren't "heavy rain" lights.. they are "fog" lights.. use only when its foggy, however, if you have an extra set of "driving lamps" wired to your fog light switch thats ok.

I always put my dipped beam on when it's raining.

I also use them as 'Slightly too dark' lights :thumbsup:

Surely the clue's in the name... :unsure:

I'm always concious of the "small black car syndrome" where you become instantly invisible. I'm generally one of the first cars on the road with my headlamps on. I've had one written-off that way and I don't want a second one to go the same way.

A

Voted for use my headlights - but i use any excuse to put them on because i love the pop up's it never gets boring watching peoples face when you pop your lights up :toast: lol

• 2 weeks later...

side lights for light rain and headlights for heavy rain, my 206 has front fog lights as well which are about the same intensity as headlights even though they are meant to be fog lights but seeing as it sayd FOG light i use them in foggy whether I hate people who drive with fog lights on! ouch bright moron!

Whichever prat thinks that fog lights are appropriate for heavy rain wants hitting with the damn things. When on a motorway in driving rain and spray, the last thing you want is some big f**k-off beacon beaming at you. The human eye is automatically attracted to light, so the glare from a fog light is very dangerous. They're for fog, funny that really considering the name.

Dipped lights in anything other than bright weather for me. Sidelights for a lot of the time. This is for one simple reason... if somebody hits you and says 'i didn't see them' you can say, 'I had my lights on' It's just another way to stop unethical tossers.

Whichever prat thinks that fog lights are appropriate for heavy rain wants hitting with the damn things. When on a motorway in driving rain and spray, the last thing you want is some big f**k-off beacon beaming at you. The human eye is automatically attracted to light, so the glare from a fog light is very dangerous. They're for fog, funny that really considering the name.

Dipped lights in anything other than bright weather for me. Sidelights for a lot of the time. This is for one simple reason... if somebody hits you and says 'i didn't see them' you can say, 'I had my lights on' It's just another way to stop unethical tossers.

Ditto!

Ditto!

Copy that!

I can't stand lemon heads who drive around all day and night with fog's on!

My daughter asked a local chav- oop's lad why he did it in his Celica.. He replied "It's the fashion"! FLIPPIN' HALF-WIT! :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links