Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving Test

GIDDLEPIN

Are you a moron  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When there is heavy rain/spray I always.......

• Put my headlights on
    • Use sidelights only (Don't want to wear out my bulbs)
    • Don't use lights (They are only for sissy's)

side lights for light rain and headlights for heavy rain, my 206 has front fog lights as well which are about the same intensity as headlights even though they are meant to be fog lights but seeing as it sayd FOG light i use them in foggy whether I hate people who drive with fog lights on! ouch bright moron!

:P

Whichever prat thinks that fog lights are appropriate for heavy rain wants hitting with the damn things. When on a motorway in driving rain and spray, the last thing you want is some big f**k-off beacon beaming at you. The human eye is automatically attracted to light, so the glare from a fog light is very dangerous. They're for fog, funny that really considering the name.

Dipped lights in anything other than bright weather for me. Sidelights for a lot of the time. This is for one simple reason... if somebody hits you and says 'i didn't see them' you can say, 'I had my lights on' It's just another way to stop unethical tossers.

Whichever prat thinks that fog lights are appropriate for heavy rain wants hitting with the damn things. When on a motorway in driving rain and spray, the last thing you want is some big f**k-off beacon beaming at you. The human eye is automatically attracted to light, so the glare from a fog light is very dangerous. They're for fog, funny that really considering the name.

Dipped lights in anything other than bright weather for me. Sidelights for a lot of the time. This is for one simple reason... if somebody hits you and says 'i didn't see them' you can say, 'I had my lights on' It's just another way to stop unethical tossers.

Ditto!

Ditto!

Copy that!

I can't stand lemon heads who drive around all day and night with fog's on!

My daughter asked a local chav- oop's lad why he did it in his Celica.. He replied "It's the fashion"! FLIPPIN' HALF-WIT! :angry:

I'm 18, and I think it makes me look cool! I'm sure I'll grow up in a few years :thumbsup:

Whichever prat thinks that fog lights are appropriate for heavy rain wants hitting with the damn things.

That'd be the Department of Transport then.

My Instructor taught me to always turn the headlights on when I need to use the windscreen wipers - and it's stuck.

Just reading through these posts though it's amazing how many of you don't know what main beam, dipped beam and sidelights are though!

Or at least I hope you lot aren't driving around with main beam on when it rains!

I only use full beam when there are no other vehicles on the road, just something that I picked up from Sardinia

I only use the rear fogs when it poor visibility such as fog or spray or both

Well... it seems my browser is turning all the radio buttons to checkboxes! How radical! :P SO I went for 1 and 2... but then the forum spazzed out... so Ive left it alone...

1 and 2 because it truely depends how heavy the rain is... sometimes only sidelights are necessary... but once the spray starts getting bad.. to have to go for headlights.... ESPECIALLY in an MR2... they just dont seem to see you at all otherwise!

Like a shark zooming around within the watery depths :P

Tut tut,

Side lights are for parking ONLY.

Its was only the euro crettins that got the UK dim dip system banned in the first place, which did not allow you to drive with side lights only, we should bring it back and tell the euro idiots where to go.

So use headlamps when the natural daylight diminishes i.e. dusk, heavy rain and fog.

Incidentaly, this does not excuse crettins that use fog lamps aswell as side lamps, its also illegal unless visibility is less than 100m, that's 333ft in real money, but also headlamps dipped NOT side lights OK?

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links