Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Been On The Rob

Pompey Gaz

Why didnt you get an MR2 Kev? easily cheaper than the golf no?

Basically, I need a bigger car. My heart keeps telling me to go & buy 1 but when it comes down to it I've got to listen to my head & if I was going to get a cheaper 1 (i.e. the mk 1 or 2) insurance would be an issue, as would reliability so realistically I know I've got the right car. Doesn't stop the niggling doubt though & I'll never completely rule the option out

lol its a 1976 (we think) Triumph Stag. It needs alot of work but if we can get a new engine (think its a V8) iit will be ok, lol

Waiting for pics still but will post them asap

simp.jpg

That shape, colour and an old R reg

we getting a mate to look on the database see who the registered owner is

Edited by Pompey Gaz

Rover V8s are !Removed! cheap anyway... and any mongo with a spanner can fit one. - after all thats about the inteligence level of the people that originally put them together!

we looked on the database and there is issues with who owns it :\ I've got a V62 to apply for the V5 which will mean them writing to the owner and we going that way.

Either: No one owns it and the DVLA give it to us

or

someone owns it and has forgotten about it or summat and will get in touch with us

If it's a Stag then the engine should be saveable. I seem to recall that they were pretty easily repairable.

Herr hummmm.......who said that? Did your ever try to get a head off one when it was welded to the block and the head bolts sheared?, easily repaired my a :censor: e, lol Kingo :thumbsup:

Rover V8s are !Removed! cheap anyway... and any mongo with a spanner can fit one. - after all thats about the inteligence level of the people that originally put them together!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Did your ever try to get a head off one when it was welded to the block and the head bolts sheared?, easily repaired my a :censor: e, lol Kingo :thumbsup:

Can't say I had that pleasure. The ones I worked on were fairly straight forward/simple jobs ( of course there were sheared bolts though.................it was British after all !!!! ) :P

after not being able to find the owner or get hold of the V5 legaly we've scrapped it.

The thought of paying £400 for a boot lid kinda scared us too

well after speaking to my dad about these and telling him the situation he said if you were to do it to think about a different engines as their main problem is they are sh*te plus the parts are expensive as hell now!

what the process in looking at the database, I need to locate the owner of a vehicle

did you not get a friend to search a database to find who was the owner of a car, well I want to do the same thing for another vehicle