Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Commuting

bigshark

well, after nearly a full year of 'having some time off' i have finally found a job!! :yahoo:

the thing im wondering is how far is everyone commuting every day?? is 100ish miles a day (there and back) a bit too crazy?? i dont mind driving... i know i say that now, but will i be sick of it after 6 months?!?! :ffs:

been travelling 250 to 300 km per day for about 9 weeks, now that Im back-ish in the office it only 3.6 miles per day, did 450 miles yesterday, this weekend Ill be doing a 2600ish miles round trip

well, after nearly a full year of 'having some time off' i have finally found a job!! :yahoo:

the thing im wondering is how far is everyone commuting every day?? is 100ish miles a day (there and back) a bit too crazy?? i dont mind driving... i know i say that now, but will i be sick of it after 6 months?!?! :ffs:

Used to do 180 miles (round trip) to and from work Northampton to Enfield.....Lasted for 5 years doing that one... :crybaby: :crybaby:

Then moved closer to work and now 32 miles each way and home by 6:30ish (M25 dependant)......

If the jobs worth it and pays enough to cover your fuel...

well, it is a job im not gonna pass, i see a lot of potential in it! i would move closer but the missus dont drive yet so she has to be close to a bus route to her work! well the dollars are not that great to start with but will get better i've been told!! :o

so yea, gonna give it a go! tho i would prob need to sell my corolla n get a diesel car, was thinking of a fabia vrs!! :D if i had the choice i would keep my corolla as i still havent finished it yet! :rolleyes:

Commuting is a matter of routine.... but one that I could never tolerate! I did a 45 round trip for 7 years and that scrambled my brain so I moved closer to work, so close in fact that I could walk :D

Now I have a new career and I need to use the car but even now I only have a 3 mile round trip plus the odd 15 miles or so work related driving :lol:

Go for it if the prospects are good.... I do wish you the greatest for the future :)

what kinda jobs do U guys do? just out of interest?

Me involved in CAFM....Computer Aided Facilities Management, Software Development....(AutoCAD and other bits and pieces, Sybase, MSSQL & Oracle databases)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

what kinda jobs do U guys do? just out of interest?

Im a Technical Programmer, designing and installing high-end automation and entertainment systems on yachts and some houses.

I do 15 miles each way 5 days a week...the mileage/petrol soon adds up as in the mornings it's dual carriageway and then coming home it's through a few Towns to avoid the d/carriageway and there is an awful lot of traffic lights :rolleyes:

I'm a Claims Handler in Household Insurance too ;)

I only do 15 miles each way too, but that'll be halved when the company moves ;)

Less commuting time = more time in bed for me! :lol:

I travel 0 miles and currently do nothing!

:(

I'm a Duty manager in a Tesco wanna go back to college only being 21 and finish my computing A-levels a si dropped out due to an illness, but i can walk to work hehe its 1.5 miles away but where i work if u take your car and they Chavs know its yours it will be burnt out by the time u finish

I'm a Claims Handler in Household Insurance too ;)

Been a quite couple of months for you then..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Commuting is a matter of routine.... but one that I could never tolerate! I did a 45 round trip for 7 years and that scrambled my brain so I moved closer to work, so close in fact that I could walk :D

Now I have a new career and I need to use the car but even now I only have a 3 mile round trip plus the odd 15 miles or so work related driving :lol:

Go for it if the prospects are good.... I do wish you the greatest for the future :)

this is it, when i look at the prospects it sort of out weighs the commuting business so i am gonna grab the bull by its horn!! oh n cheers btw :D

hmm i can live at home and its 1.5 hours there and 1.5 hours back a day or can move, but tbf it will depend on the rota i am given lol if it get it

I couldnt motivate myself to travel on those winter mornings, drive me nuts!

Now driving home in the sun with the roof off, now thats a different story! :P

having been used to driving to work for an hour to southsea, i bought myself a toy for my car, an intellistart just leave the settings on for heat and fan when u leave the car and wake up start your car with the remote and get in a nice warm car although i was leaving for work at 5:15am it was a pleasant change from freezing till the engine warmed up, but empty motorway was lush!