Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Commuting

bigshark

9 miles each way for me along some quiet country roads...................just time to warm the car up :thumbsup:

Always get up at 5:00 but not at work till 8:30...............just don't like rushing about in the mornings.

I have finished work until Tuesday morning :yahoo:

My commute is 16 miles each way every day, after my work relocated. !Removed! really, as before it was a nice 4 mile cycle each way which was actually a pretty nice way of starting and finishing the day.

Still, recent road improvements mean I get to open the car up for a blat on a nice smooth road surface, so I can't complain too much :thumbsup:

what kinda jobs do U guys do? just out of interest?

I try and flog Toyota bits to you guys.......... ;) amongst the other day to day chores of being the head of a £2M parts department operation. :D

Kingo :thumbsup:

what kinda jobs do U guys do? just out of interest?

I was, for 26 years, a fireman and now I am a planning officer working for my local council :)

I travel between 200/350 miles a day :eek: .........................................Oh by the way, I'm an HGV driver :lol:

I stay about 10 miles from my work, but we had a girl in our office who was a landscape architect, she stayed in Cumbria and Traveled up to Central Scotland (Lanarkshire). She would work Monday Tuesday very long hours and go home on Tuesday night then work Thursday and Friday. She did this for just over 5 years.

This work pattern is called a condensed working and it seemed to work for her, clearly she was committed to what our organisation did, and she delivered some great projects when she was with us.

Saying that I dont think I could have done it.

I'm a Claims Handler in Household Insurance too ;)

Been a quite couple of months for you then..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wish! I've only been there since the end of May after doing Motor Claims for four years so I'm still very much getting used to it... :rolleyes: I'm not a fan though, I don't want to do it anymore!

15 minutes to get to work :thumbsup:

Been there done that with the travelling, not nice after a while.

Agree with TVOR about the travelling, it takes me half an hour minimum each way every day...I hate it now...I think I need another job :D

Always get up at 5:00 but not at work till 8:30...............just don't like rushing about in the mornings.

I always knew you were a nutter Steve - that just about proves it.... :lol: :lol:

I travel between 200/350 miles a day :eek: .........................................Oh by the way, I'm an HGV driver :lol:

mmmm I wonder if that counts :unsure::lol: ;)

I got wind i am being transfered today to either east Wittering thats 12 miles away for me, but some really nice twisty country lanes says 60 u can do them at around 90 if u know them well enough, but my car kicks out a lot of noise has a 110db exhuast on the end, i have to creap away in the morning to avoid waking the neighbours!

though i turn out onto a main road after than and boot it, which apperantly wakes them all anyway, i sad get better double glazing they wern't impressed hehe :lol:

I always knew you were a nutter Steve - that just about proves it.... :lol: :lol:

I was too scared to say this.

I stay about 10 miles from my work, but we had a girl in our office who was a landscape architect, she stayed in Cumbria and Traveled up to Central Scotland (Lanarkshire). She would work Monday Tuesday very long hours and go home on Tuesday night then work Thursday and Friday. She did this for just over 5 years.

This work pattern is called a condensed working and it seemed to work for her, clearly she was committed to what our organisation did, and she delivered some great projects when she was with us.

Saying that I dont think I could have done it.

I did a condensed week for 2 years, but worked Mon-Thu with a 3 day weekend. Once you get used to it going back to a 5 day week is hard. If you have kids and have the opportunity to do this then I say go for it.

That was back when I was a Software Engineer. After having just spent the last 5 weeks on holiday (only 1 week left) I'm starting my new career as a teacher in Sept. Lower pay and longer hours than the last job, but so far so much more satisfying! (especially the feeling on the last day of term when you know you are now on holiday for 6 weeks B) )

Just travelled 100 miles by car, then 1194 miles by air, followed by another 30 km by car to start work tomorrow, then got to do the same distance back on sunday

What are you going to teach out of interest Dazwan? The pay will soon go up, no worries!

Anyway, I do about a 10 mile round trip everyday to do my extremely boring job which I'm overqualified for!

What are you going to teach out of interest Dazwan? The pay will soon go up, no worries!

Anyway, I do about a 10 mile round trip everyday to do my extremely boring job which I'm overqualified for!

I'll be teaching maths. I've already done 4 weeks in my new school so it should make the new year a little easier as I've gotten over the first day nerves, still wish I had another 6 weeks off.

Nice one dazwan, especially having some job satisfaction, excellent.

perfectshadows, think you should try cycling to work, slightly less dangerous that your described drive....lol

i do about 13 miles each as as a Passenger Service Agent at Manchester Airport. Love the job and i would travel further for it. At least i know the airport wont be relocating :lol:

Ill be at Manchester Airport (T2) in about 3 hours, might see you there

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links