Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Really Need Help ! Re-programming Keyfob For Corolla E11 01

doughal

Hello folks :D

I have an 01 e11 facelift 1.6sr. Have only one key tat operates alarm an central locking. Have bought a blank key fob that will house the 2 button chip. If i got this chip on eBay from another cars keyfob would i be able to reprogramme that chip to my car so that to operate alarm and central locking????? I think i would have to change immobiliser chip for car to start.

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Anyone ever figure out how to do this? I've got the destructions to add new key fobs to the wireless door lock system, but there's no mention anywhere (that I've found) of how to actually add a new transponder to the imobiliser system. I've read various lists of instructions, some requiring opening and closing of doors and insertion and removal of the key from the ignition a bunch of times, and other requiring a similar proceedure with the accelerator and brake pedals, but I've no idea which is the correct one for the E11 Corollas. All I know is that I've got an original (working) Valeo key (says Valeo on the blade and also on the casing of the transponder/remote unit inside), with a part no of 89071-02010 on the white sticky label of the transponder key unit. I've also got a second hand transponder with 89071-0D010 on the label, which from the EPC program looks like it might work on my car too.

Anyone got any suggestions on this one? :)

Cheers and Happy New Year to all!

on the newer alarms you need to register them twice, once to register the key to the ecu, which i seem to remember has to be done on an intelligence tester (plugs into the on board diagnostics port for those who dont know) and the other to register the door remote, which is done by opening and shutting doors, and generally doesnt work the first 2 times (3 if your service manager decides that moment would be a good one to walk over and open the door to have one of his little chats), i am not sure which particular open shutty procedure is for the corolla but i should be able to find it, as for reprogramming used key chips, i think i did ask the oracle when i was at work but i cant remember what he said so will have to get back to you on that, and you would have to find someone with a tester, or go to toyota