Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Phone Should I Get?

Jimlad

Thinking of getting one for my birthday, but wanting some feedback on them.

I have a Sony Ericson K800i at the moment.

Wondering how good the camera/flash is on the Nokia in comparison. Also, what does it all do?

C'mon... should I get one?

the orbit is a brilliant phone, a pocket PC, with windows media player, 2mp camera, co pilot software, not just maps but full sat nav with voice guidance. the N95 is owned by the world and his wife, its ugly, ALOT of problems and the xda is just better imho

f300 eh??? I'll have a look.

Was thinking of the new S.Ericson, the k850I, I think. But it's more or less the same as my phone. (isn't it?)

PS : Can some mod change the thread title to "which phone should I get?"

i had a k800i for a year, really good phone with good camara. I now have the n95 and have done for nearly 2 months, its got loads of stuff on it but its not built as good as the k800i. the cam is 5mp which is very good, the video is crazy good for a mobile. the sat nav is very good and took me to bristol from brighton and back ok when i got my hilux. just wish they made is out of metal rather than plastic

i had a k800i for a year, really good phone with good camara. I now have the n95 and have done for nearly 2 months, its got loads of stuff on it but its not built as good as the k800i. the cam is 5mp which is very good, the video is crazy good for a mobile. the sat nav is very good and took me to bristol from brighton and back ok when i got my hilux. just wish they made is out of metal rather than plastic

I was gunna get a N95 but was told it had "Maps" rather than sat nav

which is it? lol

both :) it has full sat nav like any other but you have to pay £40 for a year subscription. or you can do 7 days for £4 i think, but i just did the year as its so handy having a sat nav in your poket. its got all the normall stuff like find nearest parking, atm, food, pubs etc. you can send your location to your mates to and then they can get directed right to you. and it also works outside of uk by downloading up to date maps from nokia using gprs or 3g

I'm getting an iPhone when I go to the states in october as some youth has unlocked it to work with other networks.

Got a Nokia 6300 at the mo which is a nice bit of kit.

Hi

Well depends what you want it for

If you just want a phone with a good camera then the SE K850i or even better the Samsung G500 it's getting some great reviews they say the cam is better than the K850i

If you want the fancy features then the N95 ain't too bad but they are bringing out a black 8GB version soon

So there you have it the best phones out there it's up to you but like I say if you want a simple phone with good cam the K850i/Samsung G600 are your best bet as they both have 5mpx cams but if you want more funky features then the N95 is the way to go

Hope that helps

I got a K800 aswell, its great phone.

the n73 was abit unrealible at times found by my cousin. camera wise, the K800 is great. stick with the K800 if I were you :)

Once I got the latest firmware on my N73 its been reliable! No problems whatsoever. I can run TomTom 6 on it with no problems.

I'm not bothered about sat nav on the phone as I have a Tomtom.

The K800 is a good phone, but mine has seen better days to say the least.

Should I just get the k850i, or is it too similar to my current phone??

I love the camera on my K800i, I don't want anything with a poo poo camera.

I'm getting an iPhone when I go to the states in october as some youth has unlocked it to work with other networks.

Got a Nokia 6300 at the mo which is a nice bit of kit.

I'd wait for the iPhone if you want a new bells and whistles phone.

Hopefully by the end of the year you won't have to go to the states and could get one here which is rumoured to be a newer version with 3G (currently only GPRS and EDGE on the version in the states). O2 have just been announced as the UK carrier for the iPhone. Just wish I could justify the cost to the GF. Likely to be an 18/24 month contract rather than 12 months if they follow the US trend but probably worth it just so I can stop carrying around an ipod and phone all the time.