Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Is The Word Association Thread Longest On A Toyota Forum ?

rabskyline

why the hell is a word association thread the most used on a car forum ?? :( cant really see the point in this on a car forum...especially when it is commanding all the replies it has had ! would rather discuss toyota issues than get the forum into the Guinness book of records for something totally useless and non toyota related ! :crybaby:

mate this site is generally non-toyota related it seems .

Think of it as a myspace for people who own/or owned a toyota at one point .

Because its good fun?

A forums not all about the specific topic (in this case Toyota) - its why we have a General Discussions board - for people to talk, chat or play games :thumbsup:

Most forums you will find the General or Off Topic board the most popular - we do talk Toyota as well though lol ;)

i know they can be huge fun but isnt the whole idea of a toyta forum to get the best from your car and gain friends with similar interests in the toyota marque ? or am i missing the point ?

for specific toyota talks there are the correspoding forums, general discussions are just general krap really, summat for the weekend, a bit of fun lol

like dead bodies everywhere and yourself can post in the Supra boards where it is all about supra's and you can get help. Think of it as a garage or haynes manual. the general chat is more like your local, you go there to relax and chat with everyone about anything

i know they can be huge fun but isnt the whole idea of a toyta forum to get the best from your car and gain friends with similar interests in the toyota marque ? or am i missing the point ?

Thats what we do, but we have fun along the way! :D

We can talk serious car stuff too - the knowledge base on here is amazing! :yes:

I think its important to keep it all fun, but the help is there if someone needs it too! :thumbsup:

by the way is wasnt disrespecting the club or anything there with what i said !! :)

Everyone here seems happy with the site and it plods along well , i personally just prefer a more technical car orientated site .

i wasn't having a go dead bodies, just that you have that in the car sections and general chat is mostly pub talk

Yeah, but if there's no banter it will become boring & no1 will ever come back except to ask the odd question & the board would die, it's an online community here where we come to have a laugh as well as ask about car things. Trust me, I've joined other car clubs since I swapped my Toyota for a VW & without the banter & random posts they're crap, I come on TOC all the time whereas I go on other car sites full of owners of similar cars to my new 1 about once a week because they're boring as hell

What's this Guinness book of record stuff all about?

For tech stuff there are specific forums relating to your car or problem This is the general area where everyone posts random threads that all can relate to! I have had so much help when posting in my related car forum.

why the hell is a word association thread the most used on a car forum ?? :( cant really see the point in this on a car forum...especially when it is commanding all the replies it has had ! would rather discuss toyota issues than get the forum into the Guinness book of records for something totally useless and non toyota related ! :crybaby:

We dont really discuss toyota's in the 'General section' as its where you post about everything else.

I thought the Word association thread was just so Gaz could up his post count !

It’s for everyone to get their post count up which makes the post count worthless, along with that particular thread.

:angry:

Its all a bit of fun!

Long may it remain.....................not so serious...............chill :toast:

:lol:

The force is strong in this one.

Nevermind mate. You'll get used to it! I've had many of these types of arguments before. :)

Nevermind mate. You'll get used to it! I've had many of these types of arguments before. :)

Aye.. and you have faught for both sides of the fence... :rolleyes:

Aye.. and you have faught for both sides of the fence... :rolleyes:

And he still does!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links