Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.0 Cdx Or Polo 1.4 Match

crazyman50000

Both come in at about the same price w/ insurance for me.

Question is - Yaris or Polo?

I already have a Polo R Reg 1.0L and enjoy driving it

But I want something a bit newer - and Ive got it down to between a Yaris and a Polo.

Opinions please :)

I'd got for a T-Sport myself...

I don't know though, probably very similar. The polo is probably built better. Drive both and see what you prefer.

I'm biased, as weill 99% of this forum so not really a fair judgement... however I'd say get the Yaris but get a 1.3, you'll notice the difference in the engine but the insurance is still low :thumbsup:

I didnt realise this was the T-Sport forum :lol: There are other makes of Yaris other than the T-Sport TVOR ;)

I wouldn't say the Polo is built better than the Yaris myself - they're both reliable little hatchbacks, just that one is German & one is Japanese.

Personally I'd go for Jap over German :thumbsup:

Both come in at about the same price w/ insurance for me.

Question is - Yaris or Polo?

I already have a Polo R Reg 1.0L and enjoy driving it

But I want something a bit newer - and Ive got it down to between a Yaris and a Polo.

Opinions please :)

The Yaris is gonna be more reliable!

I would check out the 1.3l before going for a 1.0l though.. They are often quoted as being 'harsh and underpowered' and also a little noisier as they need working harder on motorways. :unsure:

There is prob. not too much difference in the insurance either. B)

Also, if buying used, try to find a Japanese one rather then a French one. Better built.

Also, if buying used, try to find a Japanese one rather then a French one. Better built.

Sorry but that's unsubstantiated codswallop!

Just because some are built in France does not mean they are less well built! :yes:

The polo is probably built better.

Not than a T Sport surely :eek:

Well I have a TSport and my brother has a P reg. 1.0L Polo, and his doors certaintly feel more solid, and it doesn't rattle when he's driving, and generally feels well built although it's alot older; so I'd say yes, more solidly built. Reliability, not sure, neither had any problems, apart from his ignition has just went so he has to hotwire it at the moment.

Also my Mum has a 1.0 Yaris, and I don't think that is built any worse that a TS, seem about the same, obviously the TS is nicer inside and that, but if anything rattles more.

UUmmm.... <_< Yaris? of course the Yaris! Think i might be a bit biased? or the whole Yaris forum might be?

Spoke to my VW mate and the clutch problem was resolved

Back to Polo for moi

Spoke to my VW mate and the clutch problem was resolved

Back to Polo for moi

So none of us Yaris-owners could sway you? nvm... everyone has favorites! B)

well my daughter as got a yaris brilliant little car but after just getting a new volkswagen golf which i presume is similier to polo no contest the golf is so much more class no notchy gears solid doors but mine is on motorbility i woud'nt pay the money volkswagen ask for if buying a private one my daughters yaris is a good relible car and thats all what matters

Just because some are built in France does not mean they are less well built! :yes:

Think I hit a nerve... Someone has a Frenchy, I recon.

There IS a general concensus that the Jap ones are of better build quality. It even sais as much in one of the car magazines, I think it was what car.

The Jap ones are also easier to find accessories/parts for as some bits on the French ones are different! :(

As for the quality issue, ask Kingo, he will put you right!

well my daughter as got a yaris brilliant little car but after just getting a new volkswagen golf which i presume is similier to polo no contest the golf is so much more class no notchy gears solid doors but mine is on motorbility i woud'nt pay the money volkswagen ask for if buying a private one my daughters yaris is a good relible car and thats all what matters

You have to remember, the Yaris is designed to be very light. The solid clunk of the doors in the Golf is down to weight and insulation, partly omitted in the Yaris to be lighter. They still stand up well in strength and durability! B)

There IS a general concensus that the Jap ones are of better build quality. It even sais as much in one of the car magazines, I think it was what car.

The Jap ones are also easier to find accessories/parts for as some bits on the French ones are different! :(

A lot of us have French built ones that are just as good as Jap built... a "general consensus" means not a jot - there's no factual evidence to back your theory! Because thats all it is, a theory! ;)

No nerve hit, just pure and simple truth! Unless you can provide clear evidence to the contrary I refuse to believe it and will shoot down anyone who claims otherwise! :lol:

My 2 French built Yaris's have been excellent in all respects :yes:

Back to the topic in hand :thumbsup:

A lot of us have French built ones that are just as good as Jap built... a "general consensus" means not a jot - there's no factual evidence to back your theory! Because thats all it is, a theory! ;)

No nerve hit, just pure and simple truth! Unless you can provide clear evidence to the contrary I refuse to believe it and will shoot down anyone who claims otherwise! :lol:

Well said Em :thumbsup:

I have had no problems with my two French built Yaris's..................spares for Japanese built cars are sometimes difficult to locate..........(According to my local Mr T)

will suggest a yaris 1.0lt or TS... yesterday in our 1/4mile track passed a polo 1.4lt by 2 cars...yaris performance is very good! also fuel consumption it kept minimun :)

I'd go for he Yaris, cause it's a fresher model than the Polo. And the Polo is a conceptually different car- designed to look and feel conservative, while the Yaris has an impression of progress to it.

I have had no problems with my two French built Yaris's..................spares for Japanese built cars are sometimes difficult to locate..........(According to my local Mr T)

Thats cos there is no need for them!

Thats cos there is no need for them!

Thats just like me saying your "Theory that French are as good is just theory, not proof! I can shoot just as easy as you!

Any hoo-ha! the question is Yaris or Polo. We probably made their mind up for them, squabbling like school kids! A Polo it is!

Lets just agree to disagree on the better or sameness, you will never convince me French are as good, I will never convince you !Removed! are better.

Go for the Polo, you will appreciate the 1.4 over the 1.0 so much (or get a 1.3 Yaris). 1.0 can be so trying sometimes on the old nerves. The feel of the Polo is a lot better too, feels more sturdier.

The French vs. Jap debate, JAP ALL THE WAY, i've got a french built Yaris and i would say the Jap one's seem to be better built.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive just bought a Yaris 2001 on a '51 1.3 GLS 5 door to CDX spec for about £3,800 (£5,500 screen price) in Metallic Blue. Took it for a test drive and the clutch seemed to have such a short reach! And power steering obviously will take some getting used to.

Nice car though (hence why I bought one)

Polo 1.4's are higher tax bracket (£160 compared to £115 - which Toyota have payed for for me anyway) aswell which deterred me.

Comparing the 2 - considering the 1.4 '52 I was going to buy was about the same price - there REALLY IS NOT a lot of difference. Both are reliable, both cheap to run MPG wise (Polo is more expensive on tax as I said) both safe but I think the speedo and colour swung it for the Yaris. Along with more power, lower depreciation and cheaper tax...

To actually drive - Polo seems less nimble round bends whereas the Yaris seems to just lean in and you not feel like - or have - the back end fly out.

I pick the car up in about 2 weeks (sorting out a loan FTL)

I can do a price breakdown if anyone's interested, but I think I got a good deal...

Ive just bought a Yaris 2001 on a '51 1.3 GLS 5 door to CDX spec for about £3,800 (£5,500 screen price) in Metallic Blue. Took it for a test drive and the clutch seemed to have such a short reach! And power steering obviously will take some getting used to.

Nice car though (hence why I bought one)

Polo 1.4's are higher tax bracket (£160 compared to £115 - which Toyota have payed for for me anyway) aswell which deterred me.

Comparing the 2 - considering the 1.4 '52 I was going to buy was about the same price - there REALLY IS NOT a lot of difference. Both are reliable, both cheap to run MPG wise (Polo is more expensive on tax as I said) both safe but I think the speedo and colour swung it for the Yaris. Along with more power, lower depreciation and cheaper tax...

To actually drive - Polo seems less nimble round bends whereas the Yaris seems to just lean in and you not feel like - or have - the back end fly out.

I pick the car up in about 2 weeks (sorting out a loan FTL)

I can do a price breakdown if anyone's interested, but I think I got a good deal...

I think you have made the right decision....................post up some pictures when you get it

Whilst we're still on the topic. Did I get a good deal?

56,000 miles-ish

Price breakdown :

Screen price : £5,499

Basic Price : £5,185

Road tax : £115

Sub total : £5,300

Less part exchange : £1,000

Total payment due : £4,300

Less deposit paid : £500

Balance due : £3,800

My Polo 1.0 L only cost me £900 but got £1000 for it. Only paid £100 for my old Renault 5 and flogged that for £300 :lol:

So did I get a good deal?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links