Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitted A Camera To The Back Of My Car!

JappyBeast

Today I mostly fitted a camera to the back of my car and hooked it up to my screen.

Contrast changes alot when the sun comes out but I'm really happy with it. Got it positioned really low so looks mad when driving about!

dash1.jpg

cam1.jpg

It displays in a mirror image to mimic a rear view mirror but you can flip it back so you can read numberplates etc. It also has night vision for the night driving but I havent had a chance to test that yet.

Its like playing Forza Racing!

If I get a front facing camera I wont need to!

Then you'll need to get a xb360 controller hooked up to the steering and pedals too and you'll be sorted. :lol:

Jappy,

Some guys having bother doing this on the Rav forum, fancy taking a look

and offering any tips ?

Dave. :thumbsup:

Jappy,

Some guys having bother doing this on the Rav forum, fancy taking a look

and offering any tips ?

Dave. :thumbsup:

I'll have a wee boggle and see if I can help.

Nicely done mate. Reasonably impressed that you managed it! lol.

Is it on all the time, or only when in reverse? Also, where did you run the wiring from the camera to the back of the H.U ?

I thought I was gonna have to end up doing this for you! I've fitted a few to a few different cars. The maddest was a 25ft motor home! Loads of cable!

Nicely done mate. Reasonably impressed that you managed it! lol.

Is it on all the time, or only when in reverse? Also, where did you run the wiring from the camera to the back of the H.U ?

I thought I was gonna have to end up doing this for you! I've fitted a few to a few different cars. The maddest was a 25ft motor home! Loads of cable!

Never had any problems, done bigger jobs in the past.

Took all of the center console/CD holder out and ran the cables up there past the gear linkage to keep it tidy.

It runs off the switch which powers my sub so its on when I want it to be.

I did a professional job, no lose wires or anything!

You've got a switch for your sub?

Why don't you just put a remote wire in there. Take it off the remote output on your stereo, or the switched live... ?? That way it would only be on when the ignition is. No need for a daft switch.

Why don't you just put a remote wire in there. Take it off the remote output on your stereo, or the switched live... ?? That way it would only be on when the ignition is. No need for a daft switch.

maybe its so he has the choice to have the sub on only when he wants it rather then it being on whenever the HU is

maybe its so he has the choice to have the sub on only when he wants it rather then it being on whenever the HU is

Got it in one!

Sometimes I'm driving out of work after 11pm which requires me to have this 'daft' switch!

'Night Vision' tested, its good for about 10m of vision with street lights looking bright.

Not bad to say the motorised screen cost £70 and the camera was just £13.

My passengers this it is madness!