Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anti-hijack Tips

Captain Weirdbeard

I'd open the door, let them get in and drive off... 30 seconds later the Clifford will do its job and grind them to a halt, enough time for me to be safe, and on the phone to the police. And with a car now full of finger prints but completely unusable until I reset the immobiliser, I get my car back and the police get some prints to work on... I just hope it never happens though, as I can imagine its not going to be a nice experience.

Secondly, if you place a loaded gun by your bed, and a blagger breaks in, if you dont think and just shoot him then the rozzers, a jury, a judge are not likely to accept that you didnt think and just reacted. Theyre going to say it was a prepared response and your off to have a nice stay in a HM det camp.

You are the only one who has suggested such a thing so far. Well done. We'll send you a cake with a file in it when you're banged up for standing your ground.

lol u!

if it was a suggestion then I'd be typing you should or I should on the beginning of it. I dont really see how hypothesising is in any way, shape or form comparable to actually recommending :thumbsup:

also

If I was suggesting I was going to do this then I think it would all have had less you's in it :D

I know nobody but me brought firearms into this but any weapon is really valid in the analogy. If you have it placed in a place where it normally wouldn't be found its going to be a key point of contention for a prosecutor or the enemies barrister etc.

TJ/WBD seriously mate.... an englishmans house isnt even his castle anymore... you really think a cars any diferent? this government and system tends to look after scrotey little darlins... whilst rogering joe public most viciously with his own dangler or a glass encrusted prosthetic if the person needing it hasnt got one.

just give them the keys/money/partner ;)

TJ/WBD seriously mate.... an englishmans house isnt even his castle anymore... you really think a cars any diferent? this government and system tends to look after scrotey little darlins... whilst rogering joe public most viciously with his own dangler or a glass encrusted prosthetic if the person needing it hasnt got one.

just give them the keys/money/partner

Im sorry jinxed but thats like giving up - if the goverment is behaving this way and so many of us victims feel hard done to - it takes action to sort it out - not 'oh well they arnt going to change - might aswell give up' i absolutely refuse to give in and be beaten and victimised by these yobs and theives - if i cant feel safe and defend myself outside my own home then the world has come to be a very bad place - i refuse to believe all hope of getting the goverment and the police to sort out this mess is gone!

I say the british public need to stand up against this sort of behaviour otherwise its going to continue and only get worse, most people will say 'yeah but is a car worth your life?' my answer would be no, its clearly not, but defending my home and my family and my priniciples would be - nobody has the right to attack you in the middle of the street - and to me thats a violation of our basic human rights - sounds corny but i would defend this without thinking about it - so please dont encourage people to just give up against this kind of thing we need to tackle it head on!

Im sorry jinxed but thats like giving up

what people say.... and what people do.... are often very diferent things

;)

Meaning that you wouldnt give up? or meaning that i wouldnt put up a fight? Dont really get the relevance of that post... bit ambiguous to say the least

A Few years ago, our next door neighbour suffered an attempted hijacking just outside the house as he returned from work late one night. Two youths were apparently lying in wait for him. They waited 'till he pulled up and when he opened his door he was threatened with a knife and told to hand over the keys to his tricked up Citroen Saxo. He went for his mobile and then pushed the youth with the knife away as he tried to pull him from the car. He sustained some nasty injuries to the tendons in his hand as he defended himself against the knife but pushed the youth off balance into his accomplice. It gave him just enough time to do a quick reverse off the drive and so he escaped to the Royal Infirmary Casualty Department to have his wounds sorted and call the Police.

I was in on the night and never heard a thing! I only found out three days later when the Police came to ask me if I'd heard or seen anything. My neighbour couldn't go back to work for months after due to his injured hand and went to stay with his parents for a bit. He's a plumber so he was very lucky to recover from the injuries especially as complications set in later.

He never properly lived at the house after the incident and it went on the market six months or so later. I am sure that he had been followed home by these youths and that they knew when he was due to come home from his late shift.

Now that my mate has a Compressor parked on my drive we reckon it would be prudent to have a can of pepper spray or a tazer to hand both in the car and near the front door. It could be that there are better things to be had for protection. I love to hear ideas from the group on this subject...

I remember many years ago, when car door locks were made of cream cheese, a guy who, fed up with having cars and car bits go 'walkabout' in the night, got himself a removable seat cover and procceded to sew in lots of nice barbed fishing hooks.

I think you can guess what he found one morning, sitting in his car, blleding from many places and too frightened to move!

The guy promtly yanked the oik out, screams aplenty, and proceeded to give him "part 2 of the lesson".

Needless to say, his car was never tampered with again!

Now I am by no means suggesting you try this....... But! B)

Meaning that you wouldnt give up? or meaning that i wouldnt put up a fight? Dont really get the relevance of that post... bit ambiguous to say the least

it was intended to be far from direct and to the point.

it was no definitive point of reference to any particular course of action but it was a somewhat accurate observation of many responses verbally made by people.

to be a little less cryptic.... if fighting for your property seems like the right thing for you to do, then you will :) and i admire that. In relation to me, it isnt so much about what im saying, its about what im not saying ... sry lol

2 people can keep a secret only if ones dead.... and trying to keep secrets on the internet ....well. If anyone confides on the internet that theyre going to beat someone to within an inch of their life if the !Removed! attempts to nick their car, the !Removed! happens to die, and the internet post happens to crop up in court.... that persons going down for a stretch very quickly.

stay safe people.... its not just criminals you have to fear, theres a very warped justice system also.

it was intended to be far from direct and to the point.

it was no definitive point of reference to any particular course of action but it was a somewhat accurate observation of many responses verbally made by people.

to be a little less cryptic.... if fighting for your property seems like the right thing for you to do, then you will :) and i admire that. In relation to me, it isnt so much about what im saying, its about what im not saying ... sry lol

2 people can keep a secret only if ones dead.... and trying to keep secrets on the internet ....well. If anyone confides on the internet that theyre going to beat someone to within an inch of their life if the !Removed! attempts to nick their car, the !Removed! happens to die, and the internet post happens to crop up in court.... that persons going down for a stretch very quickly.

stay safe people.... its not just criminals you have to fear, theres a very warped justice system also.

Why be so cryptic in the first place? Sorry but its annoying - just say what you mean - i agree that its not a good idea to boast about attacking people on the internet - but to say that you will defend and protect yourself is no big deal - its a human reaction to defend yourself

back to the original topic - another good idea as people have suggested is to vary your route home , ive had suspicions before that somebody was following me so i did a loop round the estate and they followed - then they realised what i was doing - and they moved along! So dont use the same route home - also always keep your doors locked until you are ready with house keys in hand to get out of the car - it might give you those extra few seconds needed to drive off again if something happens . :)

Just get yourself a good anti hi jack fitted to your car, they DO work :yes:

alot of our work evos have them fitted.

They jump in and drive off in your pride and joy then depending how its set,

they drive around 100yards to half a mile, then your car stop's,

engine cuts out and alarm goes off with lights flashing.

Having one fitted also gives you chance to get away and call the police.

but do yourself a favour and tell no one you have one fitted, not even friends,

as friends talk to others. ;)

Why be so cryptic in the first place? Sorry but its annoying - just say what you mean - i agree that its not a good idea to boast about attacking people on the internet - but to say that you will defend and protect yourself is no big deal - its a human reaction to defend yourself

yeah sorry ;)

i constantly get worried that i might get attacked... whether it be for my car, my bag, my phone etc! im small at just over 5 ft tall, so i look an easy victim. my friend who is of same build and height, almost got mugged as she left work last week in glasgow! she punched the *u*ker as he tried to grab her bag, i'm so proud of her! but it's made me all the more wary.

i do stay in a relatively decent area but have previously had cars broken into years ago. *touch wood it wont happen again* more scary so, cause my room is at front of house right at our driveway... and its a bungalow :( i constantly am in my car late at night from being to see my mates and arriving back to my house in the dead of the night. our driveway is very dark, and theres lots of trees and bushes to hide behind, plus other vehicles... kinda scary, specially when you actually let it play on your mind, like i do!

i would in no doubt would defend myself to keep my property! it's mine, i payed for it, its on my property, and no one.... i mean NO ONE is just pouncing on me and taking that away from me under no circumstances! i would run them down, hit them with anything i can lay my hands on, or just fight them... same in regard to my house, they are an intruder, i did not invite them in... so i will damn well get them out in how i see fit! and i am more than positive my dad would have the exact same thoughts in regard to this. some scumbag is not taking my stuff just like that!

recently i took up kickboxing as a hobby. my mum was extremely pleased about this as it is a manner of self defence in its own right within reason. it's a very aggresive sport, and can cause a lot of damage. it's amazing how much actually sinks in after a few classes! even just messing about with some of my male mates, they've noticed a little bit of difference...

for the girls out there... i recommend some form of self defence class! you never know what COULD happen to you!!!

its a big scary world out there... why shouldn't we protect ourselves?

just give them the keys/money/partner ;)

No.

Glass encrusted prosthetic? Wow. You just keep giving me better and better ideas. A quick visit to Anne Summers for a John Holmes Special then B&Q for Araldite to bond some broken glass to it and some extra strength batteries, pop it in my car door pocket and the job's a good 'un. Oh boy is the little !Removed! who tries it on going to get a surprise!

Just playing.

Again, you are suggesting stronger action than I ever did. I feel quite safe now because you are digging a hole for yourself should anything from this forum be used in a future legal action (as if!). I don't do smilies but if I did you would get the wink here.

And again, I would like to think that is better to reason about what might be done to protect both my property and my interests in an effective and non-lethal way than to grab the wrong thing in the heat of the moment and maim or even kill an attacker. I did say that I was fed up with being told that I should respect a potential carjackers rights... I did not say that I wouldn't. That doesn't mean I can't resist an attack using reasonable force and a Taser is (I think) a reasonable thing to fall back on if weapons are used in an attempt on a car.

Just get yourself a good anti hi jack fitted to your car, they DO work :yes:

alot of our work evos have them fitted.

They jump in and drive off in your pride and joy then depending how its set,

they drive around 100yards to half a mile, then your car stop's,

engine cuts out and alarm goes off with lights flashing.

Having one fitted also gives you chance to get away and call the police.

but do yourself a favour and tell no one you have one fitted, not even friends,

as friends talk to others. ;)

A colleague of mine came over from South Africa a couple of years ago. We were discussing car crime in his country and he reckoned that these devices became commonplace on cars there. That was until the carjackers took to kidnapping the drivers as well!

Bad as it is here sometimes, at least it's not that bad.

Just playing.

just watch which foodgroups people are giving you :) some can lead to a heart attack at too tender an age :thumbsup:

?

(Whoosh!) What was that that just went over my head?

Try www.ebay.com and search for AK47 or big crocodile dundee type knife ?

They would work also against chav's/neds .

Try www.ebay.com and search for AK47 or big crocodile dundee type knife ?

They would work also against chav's/neds .

I don't know what a "ned" is but I happen know that chavs run a mile form the sound of classical music. A little mp3 boom-box concealed about one's person with a few select pieces from, say, Schubert at a healthy volume ought to do it! The weapons you mentioned might sound and look like the business but they're not really much good to you when you are trying to fend off an attack from within the car (if you were being serious, that is).

Similarly I wouldn't like to think what pepper spray or Mace (same thing?) would be like if used from just inside the driver's (or passenger's) door, even with the window fully down (or smashed in). One could end up suffering more than the attacker if it went wrong and actually help him by incapacitating one's self. Also, I've never heard whether you need to do any special clean-up after if you successfully drive off an attack but soil the interior of the car with pepper spray in the process... It could be peppery in there for quite a bit unless it decays quickly.

jail or not if someone tryed to take my car i wouldnt stop to think about the conciquences

end of the day

they started it and im sure the police would understand if you used reasonable "let kick the living f*@k out of them" force

as for the topic starter. keep ur wits about u n make sure u have something of "use" with u to defend yourself

P.S: my mate drives a CTR and ALWAYS has a can of mace in the glove box!!!

You do realise that mase/pepper sprey/CS gas is classified alongside fire arms and unless the law has changed if you are caught with it you could face 2 years inside!!!???

It is perfectly feasable to have a torque wrench in your car to "keep your wheel nuts tight" or a 6 cell Maglite ;)

or sharks with laser beams on their heads maybe ?

Wow!

Today I am mostly in favour of getting a Taser (or two). I hear some toe-rags are using them for muggings anyway so I think I'll risk the penalties for ownership rather than taking a chance of being stabbed outside my front door just because some low-life wants a joy-ride.