Save Up To 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Review Your Toyota
      Review Your Toyota
    • 1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale
      1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stevie72

Rusty Brake Discs

10 posts in this topic

Hi there guys,

The back brake discs on my 06 t3x are rusty and it looks crap because you can see them through the gaps in the alloys.

What's the best option to hiding this? Replace them or maybe spray them silver?

They are cast iron and will always rust, paint the hub with a silver hammerite or similar product. On older cars you never really saw this rust because of steel wheels, but now we have very open alloys, you notice more, nothing wrong with them, there just not made of stainless steel ! Kingo. :thumbsup:

They are cast iron and will always rust, paint the hub with a silver hammerite or similar product. On older cars you never really saw this rust because of steel wheels, but now we have very open alloys, you notice more, nothing wrong with them, there just not made of stainless steel ! Kingo. :thumbsup:

as the discs are bare metal then they will rust.whether car makers should paint the parts of the disc that are not in contact with the pads is open for debate.

good job toyota exhaust systems are not easely visible as they seem to rust up worse than most.

cosmetic?

Spot on Kingo!

That's exactly what I did to mine, wire brushed and used black hammerite smooth on both the hubs and the calipers. They look and have stayed perfect for the last 2 years.:yes:.

Pete.

Cheers for that tip P-K, mine look pretty grim too so I'll do the same (when the weather's a bit warmer!).

Spot on Kingo!

That's exactly what I did to mine, wire brushed and used black hammerite smooth on both the hubs and the calipers. They look and have stayed perfect for the last 2 years.:yes:.

Pete.

I'm just about to replace my disc's and pads on my T-180. The state of the original disc are just such an eye sore. I've sprayed both sets of hubs with Halfords high temperature engine paint and lacquer them. They look amazing! Cant wait to fit them tomorrow...

I painted my Celica ones light grey and they look good. But I have shiny alloy hubs on the front now