Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Off To Ireland Tomorrow

GIDDLEPIN

Did a night trunk to Strensham last night an got back at 5:30 this morning (couldn't be R-sed to post on the night shift :P )......Anyhoo, the agency rang me today to do a trip to Ireland, I catch a ferry from Stranraer tomorrow night do the deliveries on Thursday and come back Friday...."No big deal

I hear you say" :rolleyes: OK it's only a 7.5 tonne vehicle but I'll getting Class one pay, the real clincher is, for the first time in ever I will be able to try a real Irish Guinness :yahoo:

Did a night trunk to Strensham last night an got back at 5:30 this morning (couldn't be R-sed to post on the night shift :P )......Anyhoo, the agency rang me today to do a trip to Ireland, I catch a ferry from Stranraer tomorrow night do the deliveries on Thursday and come back Friday...."No big deal

I hear you say" :rolleyes: OK it's only a 7.5 tonne vehicle but I'll getting Class one pay, the real clincher is, for the first time in ever I will be able to try a real Irish Guinness :yahoo:

Strensham USED to be one of my pit stops going to Poole for the channel islands ferry. I say used to be because last year my

wife and I were sitting by the window having a coffee. Just out the corner of my eye I saw something which made me spit said

coffee all over my wife. The biggest rat ever, this thing had a body the size of a small spaniel. And a tail at least 1 and a 1/2 feet

long.Needless to say I have now found other stops to be charged over the odds for terrible coffee. Anyway enjoy your trip.

Dave. ;)

Aaah the good old rat & chips, Baldrick would have loved to do something with that mother...............

Kingo :thumbsup:

isn't ALL guinness now brewed in Ireland?

Yes but the Irish don't actually drink Guinness.

Actually, they do but the experienced ones will always have a whiskey chaser.

Never try to guzzle Guinness. It will do strange things to your bowels if you do. An acquired taste? Definitely. I got fond of it from serving it to customers in rural Ireland. If it wasn't served correctly, quite often the customer would quietly leave never to be seen again. If more than two or three did so, your trade would just disappear overnight.

I have never enjoyed it canned. Bottled (in glass) is my personal favourite but if I want the draught experience I would rather go the distance to a decent pub where they keep their plumbing spotless and have a good turnover in the stuff so's you know it hasn't been standing too long in the plumbing. Canned imitations of draught Guinness are just that, end of...

I think the best endorsement I could give it (not owning shares in the company) would be to say that when I lived there, the Irish Blood Transfusion service would offer a bottle of Guinness or a cup of tea to those who had just donated blood, claiming that "Guinness is good for you". I don't know if the Guinness family sponsored the BTS on the condition that they promote the stuff but whatever the case I always chose the bottle of Guinness and went back to work smiling. Of course, the foreman had just had his turn with the nurse and a bottle of the black stuff so drinking at work was not an issue.

They were the days... I got my silver doner's pin in record time too...

i got drunk on guinness and belfast car bombs before, i sicked up and it was horrible lol

Belfast Car Bomb = a pint of guinness with a shot of baileys, in shot glass put into the guinness, the air in the shot glass makes it bubble when you drink lol

i got drunk on guinness and belfast car bombs before, i sicked up and it was horrible lol

Belfast Car Bomb = a pint of guinness with a shot of baileys, in shot glass put into the guinness, the air in the shot glass makes it bubble when you drink lol

I would have too. Guinness is too rich to mix with Baileys, I think. A down to earth clean Irish whiskey is your man, so to speak, sipped in between draughts of the black as required to clean your pallet while you have a leisurely pint or two. Also, eat something substantial before, otherwise you will have an unpleasant reaction to the sudden influx of alcohol from your digestion as your system goes into shock.

Can I get a Irish witness from south of the border on this please? I only spent fifteen years there so I might not be aware of other subtleties and variations? In fact, Would anyone care to carry this onto a thread of it's own???

enjoy the trip GIDDLEPIN :beer:

I dont know why but there tends to be more corolla gt coupe AE86 round in ireland. let me know if you see any :thumbsup: hardly see any of those cars nowadays.

-Rockman

Spend quite a lot of time in Belfast and Dublin on Business....clients like to take me down the pub for liquid lunches.......

Guinness Draught Extra Cold seems to flow down nicely and very refreshing........... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links