Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eurgh.

Robie

I just caught me a second one of these buggers:

04092007159.jpg

The first one was bigger and had massive ears and a big bushy tail.. Maybe this one is one of it's offspring being a week later?

I think we have them pinned into one room of our house now (if there are anymore).

My girlfriend says its not a mouse but what the hell is it if it isn't.

This bugger has had it's neck stapped because the previously caught one in a plant pot teetering over a toilet roll tube gnawed through the carpet.

Baby Squirrel I reckon .

A friend of mine had a squirrel infestation once. There was a large tree in the back garden that came really close to the roof. Mr and Mrs Squirrel used this route to gain access to the loft and set up home.

lol, Its a Squirrel, think of a rodent with a tail, you get a squirrel cute when they live in the park. Otherwise they are a real nuisance.

They can eat through things like plaster board walls, skirting, wheelie bins, just to make a crawl space. best of luck with them

whatever it is have you tried to catch them with effective traps that dont kill them?

sorry I like rodentia....

if i had to take a guess id say squirrel also....

If it is a dormouse, as suggested, seek advice about how to safely relocate protected species.

Here is a quote from BBC Science & Nature:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfacts/factfiles/263.shtml

"Conservation status

Common dormice are in the Lower Risk category of the 2000 IUCN Red List. In Britain they are protected by law and may not be killed, injured, disturbed in their nests, collected, trapped or sold except under licence. A loss of suitable habitat in Britain has led to a steep decline in their numbers."

I would be surprised if it is though. I've never heard of them living that close to humans but you do get unusual cases occasionally.

I'll go with baby squirrel as was also suggested. Please let us know when you find out. It would be interesting to hear how you get on with their "relocation".

whatever it is have you tried to catch them with effective traps that dont kill them?

sorry I like rodentia....

if i had to take a guess id say squirrel also....

Yes I made a trap of a heavy plant pot teetering on a toilet roll tube with cheese at the end of it. I laid this ontop of some stiff cardboard so I could carry it out.

The mouse/rat/dormouse/squirrel or whatever moved the plantpot off the stiff card and proceded to chew through the carpet in our office. Maybe it came back again as I let it free outside but the next one certainly wont be. Sorry but I had to catch it with my wardrobe door and put it out of it's missery with a plant pot and my foot.

IMHO It's a Weasel. Difficult to tell from your picture the size of the critter, but they are not too big. A Weasel has brown fur and a white under belly, if you all think it's a Squirell, I suggest you get out more to the countryside, lol. Kingo :thumbsup:

robie take it to the vets and see what they say what it was, lol how did it walk?

Hopefully a cat will have taken it into one of our neighbours houses by now. :P

I had a cat that was rather partial to catching moles. It would bring them to the front door to show them off. It also liked to bring live mice to the front door, put them down, and catch them again when they tried to run off, aaah what fun. I'm easily pleased. Kingo :thumbsup:

IMHO It's a Weasel. Difficult to tell from your picture the size of the critter, but they are not too big. A Weasel has brown fur and a white under belly, if you all think it's a Squirell, I suggest you get out more to the countryside, lol. Kingo :thumbsup:

It's a squirrel !

If it was a weasel we'd all know because they are weasley identifiable, Stoats on the other hand are stoatally different !

:P

I'd guess that its a ferret or stoat as well.

I'm 100% sure that it's not a squirrel, its colours are all wrong, trust me, I'm hand rearing one just now and I know exactly what a baby squirrel looks like.

post-19502-1189025763_thumb.jpg

It could be related to one of the wild cats that roam these here hills, possibly even the Beast of Bodmin Moor! or a Jabberwocky!!!!!!!!!

This offender not been identified as yet? I will get a learned friend at work tomorrow to look at the pics and give us an id. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links