Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eurgh.

Robie

How big was the critter? It can't be a doormouse, it looks too big! and it aint a squirrel, be told, lol

Kingo :thumbsup:

It was fairly big but not as big as a ferret. If I catch/kill another I will measure it and take some better pictures.

I've got a feeling it is a dormouse though.

A doormouse is Tiny, I'm gonna call in David Attenborough, lol. Kingo :thumbsup:

Our resident PHD and biodeveristy officer is on holiday, will get another one of those environmental types to look at it at work tomorrow promise....lol

Right people, this ID has now been confirmed the little critter is .

A Fat Dormouse, also known as a fat tailed dormouse, or the edible mouse (cause you can eat them)

They are a bit smaller than a squirrel and larger than a mouse, they are only found in Buckinghamshire, they really are a very rare breed and it may not be helpful to their species to be killing them. If you call in your local wild life trust they will probably help you get them out.

So stop snapping their necks, barbeque the ones you have but please look to try to rescue the others if there are any left.

martin

Right people, this ID has now been confirmed the little critter is .

A Fat Dormouse, also known as a fat tailed dormouse, or the edible mouse (cause you can eat them)

They are a bit smaller than a squirrel and larger than a mouse, they are only found in Buckinghamshire, they really are a very rare breed and it may not be helpful to their species to be killing them. If you call in your local wild life trust they will probably help you get them out.

So stop snapping their necks, barbeque the ones you have but please look to try to rescue the others if there are any left.

martin

Oh that's great news. :(

Feel free to come and take them as pets.

Seriously though, thank you for identifying it.

Get Bill Oddie round youth

Don't tell him you killed any though otherwise he will rip you a new one!

As an update there was some mad old chap who lives in Bucks and has some kind of zoo attached to his house. He is quite well known and locally you may have heard of him. He imported these little creatures, so they are not native species.

My eminent PHD biodeversity officer friend (yes thank you very much Emily) was totally shocked that you were disposing of them, but agreed that your method was as humane as you could manage.

Some info here clicky

So send the rest up here no probs and I will release them where I live. If they can get away from my 8 cats they will have a chance.

Seriously, we have 5 kittens, 7 weeks old and if anyone wants a kitty then do let me know

CFC1 you are local enough, sounds like an nice opportunity to take you wife a nice drive in the country and get her a little kitten.

My current bill for cat food and cat litter is costing me a fortune, not to mention the volume of !Removed! that they generate :D

Get Bill Oddie round youth

Erm..... isn't that a bit severe? I mean, the idea is to reduce the number of pests in the house!

Soz Bill, I still love ya mate.

My eminent PHD biodeversity officer friend (yes thank you very much Emily) was totally shocked that you were disposing of them, but agreed that your method was as humane as you could manage.

I released the first one very humanely but you have to remember that for all I knew, the 2nd one was a rat that was going to bite me with rabies. My thinking is that if it is common enough to be in my house then its alright to get rid of it without letting it bite me.

My dad looks like Bill Oddie.

Oh no.

Don't tell me I've managed to insult you as well. Is it me or are people 'round here a bit touchy?

I'll get my coat...

My dad looks like Bill Oddie.

Oh no.

Don't tell me I've managed to insult you as well. Is it me or are people 'round here a bit touchy?

I'll get my coat...

I'm not insulted. Just thought I would tell everyone that my dad looks like Bill Oddie.

What was that.... a dormouse.... Em being right again - surely not?

But oh no - in actual fact, Em was indeed right.... AGAIN!

I WIN! :lol: :lol:

A doormouse, I still don't believe it.................pah!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well DA its a bush tailed dormouse but yep you must get the points if there are any... :lol:

Jappy, your dad does look like Bill Odie right enough

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links