Huge Range of Toyota Parts
    • Save Up To 15% Off For Members
      Save Up To 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club Gear!
      Get Your Club Gear!
    • 1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale
      1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Jock Fran

Replacing Rubber Door Seals E12

7 posts in this topic

I'm planning to change the seals on the driver's door of my car. The one around the door (attached to the door, goes all the way around) has gone a bit crap so I've ordered a new one and it looks simple to replace - just some clips.

The deformation on the door seal has marked the one on the B Post though. So I want to change that too.

I've ordered a new one of these too but it looks like it might be a bit difficult to fit. It doesn't want to pull out (don't want to force it too hard!) and looks like it might be behind the glass for the rear window (3 door car).

Does anyone know how to replace the B Post one?

Cheers.

I cant help you but my seals also went on mine

The dealer said that they have had quite a few in with the same problem.

Fortunatly mine was done under warranty - I know that your is out of warranty but if you haven't brought it already try and get them for free or phone up Toyota HQ and they should be able to give you a discount, as the seals on any car shouldn't go for a while.....

No harm trying is there ;)

I've already paid for them, did get trade discount though. :)

It looks kinda like it's been done by someone trying to break in but I'm not too sure. Never mind.

I did manage to get some free radio brackets out of Toyota while I was there though to try and stop the radio hanging out. Will probably have to pay for them to fit it though. :(

Yeah .... when mines in for it's next service i'll get them to look at the stereo again :(

Well, it turned out to be the complete opposite...

B post one was changed fairly easily with some careful persuasion and lubrication (ooh er). It just slides out downwards.

I couldn't change the one round the door, as I don't have a beast enough wrench to undo the !Removed! door check strap!!

Hey guys

I want to change the door seals as well but can't find them on the internet. Where did you order the door seals from ?

This is a 7.5 year old thread - Jock Fran last posted in Nov 2009 and DaveSR in August 2009, so I doubt whether you will get a reply from these two members.