Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Is It Illegal To Use Fog Lights?

badboyts

I think you'll find its more to do with the scattered light pattern then the actual bulb brightness.....

Just because you think your fogs are not that bright doen't mean that A, everyone else will agree, B, other fogs on other vehicles are not dazzling.

I'm bored now. I must remember in future not to try and reason with the terminally idiotic :)

Go back to looking cool in your little hatch with the fogs on, just don't do it near me!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T600

• DellaRed

• Pompey Gaz

• Captain Weirdbeard

I have told you, before, and I'll tell you again, they dazzle LESS than main beams.

Opinion seems to be divided on that. I think they dazzle more; that's my impression when I see them, especially in light rain, though of course others like yourself disagree.

The Irish Road Safety Authority feel strongly enough about this to be treating it as a major problem:-

Highlighting the growing use of front fog lights by drivers Mr Brett said that “Many drivers seem to be under the impression that front fog lights are car spot lights. They are not, they are fog lights and front fog lights can be just as dazzling as rear ones. For example they can cause a dazzling reflection when driving on wet roads. They also create a pool of light on the ground immediately in front of a vehicle which a driver can have difficulty seeing past.”

The subject seems to be treated as very low priority in the UK though.

Truckr Jack/Cpt Weirdbeard - A biker told me.

This is waaaaay off-topic, thanks for indulging me. Back to the thread please...

Aah, back to thread......theres a novelty. The thread was..........Why is it illegal to use fog lights.

There is only one answer. It's the law.....You know, the same law that says you cant steal, or kill somebody......you know, that thing that Britain is renowed for..........The law of the land

Herr humm

Rant over for another hour or so

KIngo :thumbsup:

There is only one answer. It's the law.....

That's not really an answer to the question ;)

You can say anything that is illegal is so because it's the law. That's what illegal means.

But that's the point of the thread. Someone somewhere has decided that it's illegal and made it law.

We've had arguments for both sides contributed here.

We have many laws in this country, some of which seem to make more sense than others. This however, has been deemed one of them.

Its also illegal to use your hazard lights unless you've actually broken down you know ! If you're just double parked ( and causing a Hazard ) you aren't supposed to use them !

Whether you like or dislike 'foglights on' driving - if it ain't foggy it's an offence.

If you feel victimised and hard done by at this then try being a smoker !

i go out every evening between the hours of 11:00 and 1:30 in the morning,

Your car doesn't have a red light hanging in it does it?.......lol

Kingo :thumbsup:

lmao!... :lol: like what you've done there! ... you've caught me out, your onto my game ;) :( :lol: ...

back onto this thread though ... lets face it some people will agree with it, others wont ... yes it is illegal to have your fog lights on when it isnt foggy ... i personally dont mind fog lights on (i dont put them on when it isnt foggy, as much as i'd like to :P, cause it makes my big car look mintttt and fog lights are generally dipped anyway) ... and if i've been following someone in the past and they have their fog lights on it makes me keep my distance more, simply because it can look like brake lights are permanently on ... at the end of the day if someone wants to take the risk in being pulled over by cops then fine, thats up to them and not me!

Well I think DellaRed has pretty much sumarised it, and we've argued it to the death anyway.

I'll just add though that I don't put my rear fog on (unless it's foggy obviously).

Well I think DellaRed has pretty much sumarised it, and we've argued it to the death anyway.

I think we can all agree on that; perfect summing up by DellaRed.

THE END.

Sequel:-

I'll just add though that I don't put my rear fog on (unless it's foggy obviously).

What, you don't have your rear fogs on, in heavy rain! That really makes me angry*

*Not Rly ;)

I think we can all agree on that; perfect summing up by DellaRed.

THE END.

Can't we have a last word from the owner of this thread?

How about it badboyts?

well i never expected it would be this big of an issue :!Removed!:

clearly mixed feelings and DellaRed has summed it up pretty good :thumbsup:

thanks all for taking part in this thread :thumbsup:

Now you have all "done this to death" It is time to close