Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressure

iconic

Hi guys,

Just a quick question about tyre pressures for Proxes T1-S 195/45 R16 80V.

A. Normal pressure?

B. Heavy load pressure?

C. Motorway driving (with load)?

D. Motorway driving (without load)?

Thank you.

R

normal pressure is about 30/32

Heavy load pressure id say knock it up to 35, if it's very heavy I may even try closer to 40

Same as above for motorway driving with load.

You don't usually stop and put air in your tyres at the side of the road before joining the motorway, this should fall under normal tyre pressure. If you do a lot of motorway driving id say you'd want to be about 32/33

cfc1 should be along sometime he'll sort you out as he's a tyre fitter

I called Toyo directly today and was informed (on two separate occasions) that the pressure should be 36 front & 33 rear. This is with normal and maximum load at a speed of under 100 mph.

I'm just wondering why there is such a difference now!

called Toyo directly today and was informed (on two separate occasions) that the pressure should be 36 front & 33 rear. This is with normal and maximum load at a speed of under 100 mph.

This seems a little bit too much but you must try and judge for yourself if the car feels fine and stable at such preassure. Tyres with lower profile like 55, 50 and so on rather have lower preassue than tyres with higher profile. On mine 185/55/R15 I have around 31/30. I have tried higher values but the car felt like loosing grip sometimes.

Remember that when you driving the tyres warm up so the preassure increases so it is recommended not to use oxygen to pump them up but to use nitrogen as it keeps the same preassure regardless of the tyre temperature.

Wont the pressures be the same between different profiles just a different volume of air so less inflating to create the same pressure?

• 4 weeks later...

32 front and rear works best for me... below 30 you feel the bumps more. Above 33/34 and grip isn't as good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links