Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Toc Members Are There?

badboyts

I think the question should be: How many ACTIVE members are there? At a guess I would say less than a 100, if that. Probably half that if I was being honest.

Don’t be fooled with the Word Association thread and post counts either, one word replies 20 times a day doesn’t mean members contribute substantial information to the site.

I think the question should be: How many ACTIVE members are there? At a guess I would say less than a 100, if that. Probably half that if I was being honest.

Alot of people just read tho, I would say its between 150 - 200 visit on a regular basis.

I think you're miles out tbh. Maybe in the general section you could be right but when you look through each individual forum I think there will be far more active users on a daily basis

I don't know about here but I have participated in forums (fora?) where, for reasons of their own, people post under more than one profile. I think it's more the case where you have little feuds and petty grudges but that doesn't happen here, at all, ever. Or does it?.......

I don't know about here but I have participated in forums (fora?) where, for reasons of their own, people post under more than one profile. I think it's more the case where you have little feuds and petty grudges but that doesn't happen here, at all, ever. Or does it?.......

Posting under more than one profile is less likely to happen on TOC as the management keep a close eye on e-mail addresses and URL's.

However.......................some of our members have been known to post under TWO names at once ;) :P

(Although I notice that your dual personality has now gone :lol::lol: )

Yes. It was just causing confusion and I am confused enough at the best of times.

Yeah. I use an Everton fan forum & people are always signing up with different usernames, sounds too much like effort to me & I can't see why it would be of any use to me

Another dead give away is when similar usernames have the same birthday and age in the birthdays section on the front page.

i don't have two people, just me

Are you quite sure about that Gaz...........................You post enough for five people :P ;)

I think alot of the problems with new ppl/inactive users on most forums is the fact they feel unwelcome or intimedated without others meaning to make them feel this way.

You will probably find that when some new members start a topic or introduce themselves they either get no replies due to it not being to other ppls interests or very little replies which make the newbie feel little out of place.

I have felt this many times on most forums and do try to make conversation but do sometimes find it hard when it 'feels' like you're being ignored.

While being registered on here i have since registered on another forum to which i have been made very welcome and have already met afew of the other regular members for a drink.

You will probably also find that some (not all) members will register in other names for 2 reasons..

1) They feel if they register on other names they will be noticed

2) They have probably caused some sort of upset at some point in time so re-register in another name

Me personaly if it was due to the second 1...i would ban there IP address so they can no longer register on another name and also ban any second party email addresses.

thats my opinion anyway and not meaning to upset any1.

I think alot of the problems with new ppl/inactive users on most forums is the fact they feel unwelcome or intimedated without others meaning to make them feel this way.

Yes.

I'm sure that bringing up old grudges and whining about day to day stuff would put people off joining in too. That seems to have been a theme in the General forum just recently. It is very bad form for infighting to spill out into the forum. It goes slightly beyond the realms of a true discussion.

Thankfully, TOC seems to consist for the most part of current or ex-Toyota owners who are intelligent and/or sociable.

Yes.

I'm sure that bringing up old grudges and whining about day to day stuff would put people off joining in too. That seems to have been a theme in the General forum just recently. It is very bad form for infighting to spill out into the forum. It goes slightly beyond the realms of a true discussion.

Thankfully, TOC seems to consist for the most part of current or ex-Toyota owners who are intelligent and/or sociable.

Intelligent and sociable Toyota owner, signing in! ;)

It's quite a while since I've been on here (view new posts... 76 pages!) and the second thread I read was about moderators (again!). :rolleyes:

When are people going to realise that TOC's moderating ethos is somewhat different to quite a few other forums? Whether you agree with it or not is down to the individual but it ain't about to change. Stet.

As for number of members currently active? Couple of hundred?

hi Pompey Gaz :thumbsup: .....just call me Jill :P

wow you're my second Jill, friendwise I mean lol :D

I was down your way, well Notts this weekend was good :)

you still on "L" plates or are they someone elses? :)

they are my OH's 'L' plates then when hes passed they will then be mine as the car is actually mine and hes getting another car for himself

yeah shes in blooming good condition for her age (19yrs old).....was kicking out 176BHP when first built....obvously lost abit due to age but shes going in to get re-mapped and more added so she 'should' (fingers crossed) be kicking out around 191BHP then theres the chip to be added :D ...then my OH wants to get a super charger for her which will mean being re-mapped again :P