Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Criminal Help Needed.

Jamesb4uk

Not sure if any of you remember but a while ago i had my girlfriends ex husband try & break into our house & was threatening to kill me.

I've just recieved a letter from the crown procecutor in which he states that the offensive weapon charge was dropped due to the weapon in question being a pruning saw.

Are there any legal bods here so that i coud pick their brains??

I'm going to write back to this joker because the ex husband was sentanced with 100 hours comunity service & a £60 **** fine!!!! :censor: :ffs:

Considering he wrote my Renault off by kicking in every side panel & we needed a new front door & the phycological impact to the kids thats a **** light sentence.

Sorry for swearing but i suppose the swear filters will pick up on that one.

J

Although Im not a legal type I'm failry certain that....

Under a certain act(I think its the harrassment act), if the ex-partner gets in contact with your lady, calls your landline, leaves anything determinable as threatening then its possible for your lady to lodge a complaint with the police and have him face charges that are not 'trial by jury' and are punishable by a maximum of 6 months imprisonment.

Its basically a provision intended to protect partners of domestically violent people but I believe its also a possible first strike provision that can be used to prevent an incident of DV.

I think you'd need to cite the relevant section of the act to the police if they didnt take the claim of threatening harrassment as seriously as they quite possibly should given the ex's previous behaviour. If they didnt respond appropriately to that, take their Badge numbers, ask for their superior(use the term superior also as its a little demeaning lmao) and lodge a complaint about their attitude to Victims of domestic violence(because this is effectively what your lady is now, even if she wasnt previously...a victim of dv)

GL mate.... the other guy sounds like he has issues but he can be deterred or punished/treated :thumbsup:

Ithanks mate,

I have no issues with tho Police at all - the night in question half the Tonbridge nick turned or up on our door so it seamed at 1am - 3 riot vans & 2 squad cars.

My issue is with the so called criminal justice sytem who dont think a Pruning saw can be used as an offensive weapon!!!

J

the so called criminal justice sytem who dont think a Pruning saw can be used as an offensive weapon!!!

J

I can see that being fairly effective....

personally I'd prefer to use a tub of marmalade and some cling film.... its messier but kind of satisfying knowing the enemy would be asphyxiating on bits of orange :thumbsup:

j/k m8 :) hope the guy gets his soon

this must be so frustrating for you ... i cant actually believe that they didnt take this further, whether it was a pruning tool or not, surely he was going to use it for different reasons ... pruning your trees or even his?!?! ... i think not!!!... its obvious to everyone that he was going to use it for hurting you ... especially under the circumstances ... *jealous ex husband who cant keep his temper under control springs to mind*

my other half takes a jo (something used for karate) out at night with him ... to keep the dog from pulling on the lead (he doesnt hit the dog with it ... he holds it a couple of inches in front of his nose) ... and it works ... but should someone start on him he would be in a position to use it! but he's not taking it out to intentionally hurt someone! (that being the difference) ... i hate the way the justice (or not justice) system works in this country

a friend of mine years ago had her house broken into, managed to call the police whilst the burgular still being in the house ... they arrested him, it went to court ... he got off with it because 'he broke in as he was desperate for the toilet' ... ummm nooooo!!! whats going on?!

sorry for the rambling on, i just feel your frustration

My issue is with the so called criminal justice sytem who dont think a Pruning saw can be used as an offensive weapon!!!

J

How can they not see a pruning saw an offensive weapon but go on a plane with nail clippers and or tweezers and theyre quick to jump on you and take those away . :ffs:

Ive never been in that kind of situation myself but i can certainly feel your frustration as likeyou said , its not just materail things that were damaged , it'll have an impact on your kids too

B@stards like that annoy me .

Hope you get it all sorted mate! :thumbsup:

10_pruning_saw.jpg

How do they work out that that isn't an offensive weapon?.. it's enough to make anyone feel that their health is at risk if a mad numpty came at you with it.

How do they work out that that isn't an offensive weapon?.. it's enough to make anyone feel that their health is at risk if a mad numpty came at you with it.

that thing looks lethal :o ... and yes your so right

See this is exactly how i see things.

A pruning saw is leathal - the one he had was about a foot long :eek:

the incedent took place at 1am on a sunday/monday morning, so he wasn't "pruning the hedges" at that time of night.

if it was him on his own i would have gone out & taken my chances. Shame my baseball bat was in my garage about 30miles away (its not anymore)

what i dont understand is where they got the figure for the fine - the Renault cost £260 & i was giving it to my g/f so she can learn to drive. Added to that the cost of the replacement car carries the figure to about £600.

& the phycolocical impact to the kids - well. our eldest (11) still panics & wakes up at 1am each night, & refused to sleep in her own room so we had to swap them over.

J

I would visit my lawyer and get his advice to see if you can appeal.. or take out your own action against him for damages etc.

I would visit my lawyer and get his advice to see if you can appeal.. or take out your own action against him for damages etc.

i agree with this ... this cant be the end of it ... sounds to me like he's basically got away scott free ... and the fact your children had to witness such an event is awful ... the man sounds totally selfish ...

go to the citizens advise first, they actually offer good, sound advise ... but personally i wouldnt let it go, not when it comes down to affecting children!

and if it happened at that time in the morning, i dont know how he could have got off with it ... this needs to be looked into further!

Just my tuppence worth...

If I was going with intent, I would be thinking this way:

A. I wanna kill! - Shotgun. Not everyone has one to hand though.

B. I gonna teach 'em a lesson that won't be forgot! - Garden implement. Lots of people have garden tools and used in anger, they can mostly maim if not actually kill.

C. I'm gonna get even! - Dirty tricks campaign. Just cause as much grief as possible and not worry too much about the consequences.

If I read the situation correctly, you have experienced a bit of B and C. I totally agree that the punishment does not seem to fit the crime and I would also say that the Crown Prosecutor is soft... in the head.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links