Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Fancy A Corolla Ts:)

skyliner34

Hi guys,

My local toyota dealer has a second hand P2 Corolla TS. And I kinda want it :wub: . The trouble is my P2 Yaris TS is on finance. It's got 2 years left. Brought from the same dealer the Corolla is.

Is is still possible to trade in the yari and get the Corolla? :crybaby:

So if I'm right, for example. If the Yari is worth 6000 and I've got 2000 left to pay. The 4K will go and pay for the Rolla, and I'll have to pay the difference in the Rollas price compared to 4K + the remaining 2K.

So if the Rolla goes for 7K, I'll have to pay 3000 + 2000 = £5000

Does that sound right?

Best bet is to ask at toyota? Also doesn't the finance it is on reflect its cost new but not the cost now? If this is so then you will get less than £4k toward the corolla i would imagine as it is worth less to them now?

Yeah your probably right. 4K was just a number I pulled from the air. I shall pop in on Monday lunchtime to have a word. Funny thing is, the car is in better condition now that it was before it left the garage! :)

when you take the car back you'll get so much back, so you'll have to pay the remainder and the price of the corolla.

Don't forget you'll get less part ex than selling private.

That sounds like an expensive way of buying a car

What does the old term buying a car on the "never never" mean?

You "Never-Never" pay for it (or own it) completely

Thanks. Thats clears it all up. It's what everyone on here have said really. I will owe the remaining amount on the first car and the difference on the new car :thumbsup:

Depends whether the yaris was on a personal loan or HP as well - as if its on HP, the loan is secured against the car and should be paid off when you sell it (Kinda like when you sell a house you should pay off the mortgage....). Also check whether theres any early repayment penalites.

• 4 weeks later...

Its easiest to sell the yaris and pay off the finance, then re-finance for the corolla. If the garage supplied the finance, then they will do this for you. Should be cheaper as interest rates can fluctuate.

Just an update. I paid off the Yaris, and brought a Corolla TS o finance with the 5K as deposit from the Yaris. Check my other thread for pics :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links