Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Would Suck.

Karma Supra

Erm, not as I understand it. Car parks are not considered under the same rules as the public highway whether they are privately owned or not.

I see what grieves you about the article though. It seems punitive to have to pay for the privilege of parking at work. It is the intention of the various governing bodies to make the use of motor vehicles less desirable for certain situations. I'd like to think that the benevolent employer is going to offer incentives - maybe like waiving charges for cars with three or more occupants arriving for a day's work (car shares) - where on-site parking is restricted under the new schemes.

To quote from the link you posted;

"The scheme is widely thought to be more politically acceptable. Unlike the Central London congestion charge, shoppers and other drivers who are not travelling to work will not have to pay."

I know which of the two schemes I'd prefer as a resident of any given city.

The difference between this and the central London congestion charge is that there is public transport in Central London, -there isn't were I live!

The difference between this and the central London congestion charge is that there is public transport in Central London, -there isn't were I live!

Is Henley-on-Thames in this new scheme then?

Nope!

But I work in reading and Reading is the type of place that considers this sort of *****, -It was one of the target "trial" places for pay as you go road tax.

My sympathy. I hate being subject to trials too.

What happened with the "pay as you go" road tax idea?

why buy a bike at the ***** end of summer? why not at the beginning? then get all your use out of it instead of wasting all them CFC's in WD40 and stuff?

why buy a bike at the ***** end of summer? why not at the beginning? then get all your use out of it instead of wasting all them CFC's in WD40 and stuff?

Just borrowed it for a bit.

<rant>

Grrrrr... This really pisses me off... If there was a decent public transport link from more areas of Derby to Nottingham, I'd gladly take it, however...

Bus - Up before 7, out by 7.20 to get a bus to Derby for 8, and a bus in to Nottingham for a bit past 9. Up too early, too much faff.

Train - Up before 7, out by 7.20 to get a bus to Derby for 8, and in to Nottingham for a bit before 9. Up too early, too much faff.

Car - Up at 8, out by 8.20, in to Nottingham, in work's car park, for just before 9.

And its not like I can make use of park and ride, as the only Park and Ride on west / south west Notts is after all the heavy traffic has dispersed, is inside the inner ring road, and only another 5 mins to centre of town and work.

Nottingham need to look at where all the traffic is coming from, offer additional services to those commuters (a park and ride by the M1 / A52 junction would be pretty much perfect), THEN look at fining those that still refuse.

</rant>