Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Need To Type

silversurfer

I'm not looking for sympathy here i just need to type this.

O.k i have 3 children, josh = nearly 7 adam = nearly 6 and jason = 10 weeks

I found out earlier this year josh is deaf after 6 years of test's and me and my wife telling them 'he is deaf'. he does not talk and also has I.B.S,

last year Adam was addmitted into hospital after he died and was brought back, he now has chronic asthma but is the most loving little boy ever,

And now today when i get home from work i find out jason has a heart murmer,

is it my genes? have i done something wrong? i dont know,

we are now thinking of taking people to court over josh's deaf thing (them not finding it sooner) and if we win any money it will go into a bank for him when he's 18.

as i said i just needed to put this down.

sorry for the downer post.

ss

No need to say sorry. These things happen you shouldn't blame yourselves for it, I hope things work out for you.

We're all put on the world for a reason and sometimes we're just who we are for a reason to, this includes our flaws which in many ways shape who we are.

You are not at fault for your boys' medical problems. As a parent you always want to help your children and do whats best and it must be agonising to not be able to help, but you seem to adore all of them and to be honest thats all they need from you in life.

Does Josh sign? If not then maybe learning sign language will help him with communication and there is special equipment that can help with speech. You could make it a family affair and learn to sign as well.

It is hard, but you have three of the most precious gifts on the planet, think of it positively and you can bring positive things out of it :)

It is hard, but you have three of the most precious gifts on the planet, think of it positively and you can bring positive things out of it :)

Amen to that! Although it must be dificult I'm certain that this need you have(to just type) will pass and before long you'll be needing to just smile from the happyness you will still share with them ;)

go get a cuddle.... cuddles are awesome! :)

I'm not looking for sympathy here i just need to type this.

O.k i have 3 children, josh = nearly 7 adam = nearly 6 and jason = 10 weeks

I found out earlier this year josh is deaf after 6 years of test's and me and my wife telling them 'he is deaf'. he does not talk and also has I.B.S,

last year Adam was addmitted into hospital after he died and was brought back, he now has chronic asthma but is the most loving little boy ever,

And now today when i get home from work i find out jason has a heart murmer,

is it my genes? have i done something wrong? i dont know,

we are now thinking of taking people to court over josh's deaf thing (them not finding it sooner) and if we win any money it will go into a bank for him when he's 18.

as i said i just needed to put this down.

sorry for the downer post.

ss

Don't feel down....You have three lovely children and a loving wife....

When my daughter was 2 and on new years day 2000 she was struck down with meningococcal group B septicaemia, she was in hospital for weeks but made a good recovery... only side affect she has had is she is now partially deaf in her right ear and has had a new digital hearing aid fitted....her last school was useless at assessing her and put her work down... new school she has been at for past two years is brilliant and they understand her disability..apart from this she is like any normal 10 year old girl...into Horses and load music....

hey you have no need to be sorry hun and its deffo not your fault.....you as a parent are doing what you can for your boys and giving them the best possible love and care that any kid could ever dream of.

Me and my OH lost our first child at 3 months old due to meningococcal septicaemia which wasnt detected untill it was too late (hospital staff sent us home with him saying it was only colic and to give him calpol)...i now have 3 other lovely boys (1 of which has medical problems...ADHD and allergy to 'E' numbers) and i still to this day wonder if it was my fault and on whether i could have done anything to save him....but in a whole...losing him has made the whole of my OH's family more aware of meningococcal septicaemia resulting in saving other lives.

Heart murmers are not really anything to worry about as 99.9% of babies grow out of it....so please dont worry in that respect hun

your oldest sounds like he is thriving and IBS can be controled

your middle 1 im sure will be fine as there is lots of medication to try keep asthma under control and with him being young may still grow out of it.

I take my hat off to you as you are obviously having a hard time of it...BUT you are sticking it out...and why................................................'cos you love them' and most of the time thats all it takes....many ppl would have given up by now....keep doing what you are dong and you'll be greatly rewarded hun...trust me

Hi SS,

Good man! I can tell from your post that you (both) love your three boys to bits. It sounds like you have more than your share of ups and downs to contend with but I'm willing to bet that the ups will far out-weigh the downs.

No apologies necessary. It is good that you vent your frustration here before it gets in the way of your dealings with various authorities.

If you do go for a compensation claim, just be aware that the process of claiming and going through more years of "to-ing and fro-ing"might cause more angst than it is worth. In addition, litigious action might alienate you from the services that your boys could benefit from.

If you have carefully considered the above and most importantly your own needs as a family first, and you can think clearly about where there has been neglect on the part of people that you've been dealing with, then I would agree that it is worth making enquiries about a claim.

Right now, I'd guess that Jason is taking up all available time in your household, especially while his heart murmur is being looked at and all plans are on hold for the short term. Is your wife is coping well enough too?

Regards

John

Glad we can be here to help you get stuff off your chest, sometimes the internet is a great place to relieve the feelings that would otherwise be kept bottled up inside. I can't really add to what has been already said but for your kids to have a set of such doting parents, they've already got a massive head start in life. Stay strong for them & have faith that nothing you've done has had any bad affects on them whatsoever.

If you need to post more please never feel bad about doing so

Thank you all for your thoughts, i know there is allways someone out there who is worse off. alot worse off

and i thank my stars i have 3 wonderfull beautifull kids.

Josh has been signing for about 6 mths now and we are gettin his I B S under controll,

adam's asthma is being controlled and jason has an appointment with the doc on tuesday.

what makes it all better is when i get home from work i get more love than i could ever need. :D

and through this post and other's my family has grown :thumbsup:

smile on life and life will smile on you

ss

I know that can hard and I won't bore you with my tail of woe but I do understand how you feel when all the trouble reigns down on the children.

Just keep the faith and I'm sure that all will be well.

Let us know how Jason gets on.

Raistlin