Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member And Questions...

Kingpleb

Hi Everyone just like to say hello :)

My fiance got a new Auris in June and its a nice metallic silver 5 door 1.4 D4D MMT thingy :)

Pretty pleased with it on the whole and nearly onto 5k miles since we got it at 3miles on the clock after being a few months old and being sat in the showroom :)

I have some questions though about them if i may ask :)

Is there more than 1 version of the handbrake lever for the auris as ours moves side to side by about 1" and rattles at speed or on bumps sometimes but we have been told its a japanese version and thus is meant to be loose and the only option would be to replace the whole unit if it got worse :(

Also i have been wondering if its possible to add the cruise control on after the car has hit the road and if so how much would it be for the bits from Toyota themselves?

Another one is that i know UK Auris' dont come with HIDs on any of the range but if they come with HIDs in different countries do they come fitted in Japan or Australia at all as that would make life easier if i could get the headlamp covers for the HID setup for that country and then retro-fit the HIDs myself and thus avoid having too many problems with the dazzling affect you get with the headlight beam setup being all wrong for them :)

Also has anyone else used any form of chip on the 1.4 D4D as i have seen people using these piggyback things that clip onto the injection rail sensors but im not too much of a fan of putting something on that plays with a sensor setting to just dump in extra fuel... is the boost level of the turbo controlled by the ECU as well or is it just simply a straight feed to the waste gate on this car?

Thanks in Advance,

Will & Rachel :D

• 2 weeks later...
Is there more than 1 version of the handbrake lever for the auris as ours moves side to side by about 1" and rattles at speed or on bumps sometimes but we have been told its a japanese version and thus is meant to be loose and the only option would be to replace the whole unit if it got worse :(

Have a look at the VIN number. If it starts with SB1 it was built in the UK. IF it's J** (can't remember what the asterixs are off top of head) then it'll be a Japan built. Either way if it's unacceptable it's unacceptable and the dealer should change it. If they say it's normal get them to prove it by showing you on a similar spec car

Have a look at the VIN number. If it starts with SB1 it was built in the UK. IF it's J** (can't remember what the asterixs are off top of head) then it'll be a Japan built. Either way if it's unacceptable it's unacceptable and the dealer should change it. If they say it's normal get them to prove it by showing you on a similar spec car

my vin starts jtnkd so i guess mines a jap built auris and i have no problems like you have reported with the hand brake. i'm supprised that mines a jap built one though because i live in derbyshire, less than 60 miles from the burnaston factory where they make them. :unsure:

my vin starts jtnkd so i guess mines a jap built auris and i have no problems like you have reported with the hand brake. i'm supprised that mines a jap built one though because i live in derbyshire, less than 60 miles from the burnaston factory where they make them.

I live 6 miles from where they make the engines, but I don't think the diesel engines are made there, lol Most of those come from Poland or somewhere!

I don't think your handbrake should be as bad as 1" movement, get it checked out

Chip kits. We sell a chip kit, details here If you need any further information, please PM me. Price to TOC members who sign up to our website is £375

Kingo :thumbsup:

my vin starts jtnkd so i guess mines a jap built auris and i have no problems like you have reported with the hand brake. i'm supprised that mines a jap built one though because i live in derbyshire, less than 60 miles from the burnaston factory where they make them.

I live 6 miles from where they make the engines, but I don't think the diesel engines are made there, lol Most of those come from Poland or somewhere!

I don't think your handbrake should be as bad as 1" movement, get it checked out

Chip kits. We sell a chip kit, details here If you need any further information, please PM me. Price to TOC members who sign up to our website is £375

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just checked and yep its JTNKD Vin :)

Parts king can you see if any of the auris's sold i japan have HID's at all and if so what the price of their lense's are or the whole unit if they sell them that way please?

Also any advice on the Cruise Control at all if its possible please?

Ill have a nosey at the chip kit :)

Had a nosey on the jap website and no auris's on there by the looks of it :(

But as ive seen here in Oz they have the new auris as the replacement for the corrola :) any chance of seeing what the price for the parts is for a Levin ZR spec model please :)