2 replies to this topic

#1 deff

deff

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • Toyota Model: Rav4

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

Hi,

I have a 52 plate Rav4. I wonder if anyone has had this experience before. The car alarm went off a few times yesterday and stopped. This morning I could not start the car as I could not unlock it with the remote. Other than the battery may be dead what could case this ? I can use the key to unlock the doors but did not have time to check the battery theory as I had to go to work.

The battery on both remotes are ok.

Regards

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 bothwell_buyer

bothwell_buyer

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter
  • 7,895 posts
  • First Name:Ian
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: RAV4s, MR2s
  • Year: 1994

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:11 AM

Hi,

I have a 52 plate Rav4. I wonder if anyone has had this experience before. The car alarm went off a few times yesterday and stopped. This morning I could not start the car as I could not unlock it with the remote. Other than the battery may be dead what could case this ? I can use the key to unlock the doors but did not have time to check the battery theory as I had to go to work.

The battery on both remotes are ok.

Regards

From experience of my aged RAV, the battery lasts about 3 years. No point buying a Toyota one cos they are no better. I have an account with LSUK and get my batteries there - and just buy the best battery I can get to fit the size of the battery holder. I think the RAV battery is quite small in relation to the amounty of electrics it runs.... pop along tae yer local friendly garage and see if they can test the battery. It also comes down to whether the car is being left for periods as well as the alarm has a slow drain on the battery. If you're leaving the car for a few days, or a week or two get yersel a trickle charger for the battery. It may be that the battery has past it sprime a bit like maself!

Hopefully you'll have sorted the problem by now so sorry for the late response.

mad ian :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#3 Fujisan

Fujisan

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 2,951 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Gen III 1.8 Prius T Spirit in White Pearl.

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:46 AM

Burning the midnight oil Ian :thumbsup:
All afternoon, all evening, all night posting :toast:

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users