Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Consumption

marty32

hi everyone have owned a corolla t sport for 7 mths now just wondering if any of you have or are encountering any problems with excessive oil consumption?

does anyone know if this is a common problem, had to put a pint of oil in after last 1000 miles dealers now monitoring this and are talking of a new engine block... after 35000miles

would be interested to hear if anyone has encountered this and how toyota resolved this

cheers

Martin

it is a well known problem that some of the 1ZZ.3ZZ and 4ZZ engines are drinking a lot of oil cause of problems with the pistonrings. but never heard anyone with the 2ZZ-GE engine who had this problem. it is a completely different engine compared to the other engines even if it is a 1ZZ from the beginning with other pistons and stuff.

• 3 months later...

Well i have covered 4,000 miles in my T-Sport since last service and it has used around 300ml of oil. Mr T says this is totally normal and to be honest she has seen lift quite a few times in those miles :P

Updated. Checked oil when the car is cold and it is full to the brim. Why does it show that it has gone down a little when the car is switched off at normal operating temp and dipped a dew minutes later???

pleased to say my oil consumption has settled right down in 2000 miles since last service used only half cup fill which is more like it. changed the type of oil im using from Mobil 1 to Shell helix dont know if thats making a difference

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links