Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Dont The Government Just Take My Bank Card?

silversurfer

once again its that time when we pay them more,

2p rise on fuel, my local garage now charges £1.01 per ltr on diesel and two more price rises are in the pipe line.

so now i can only just afford to run the surf, the people who are on low wages are the ones most affected,

I work hard, like most people i would like to see the government live on a wage like 'real' people do.

just a thought!

being a graduate and only a part time job, with road tax of £115 MOT costs and now this i'm gunna struggle loads. The government are gunna loose out on the lowest income families. They will price themselves out soon

Veg oil :D

One of those arguments that gets every ones back up :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: You work hard to make a living then work harder to pay more....

The motorists are the easiest targets to get at... we all need our cars as the transport system is antiquated, unreliable, old and overcrowded etc etc.....

I for one can't get to work without my RAV and using public transport would be twice as expensive as I pay now for fuel.....The nearest bus stop is 3 miles away down a single track 60mph country lane :( :(

its a joke it really is

i ave £115 road tax and mot and service at the end of this month :(

this is jst the final nail in my bank cards coffin :|

nout u can do about it tho

as has been said we r easy targets

spend 50 quid at tescos to get a 5p off per liter of fuel voucher

I still get free diesel.... tee hee hee

but the government need to tax fuel highly.....

where else would they get a bottomless pit of money to p**s away ??

And what makes me mad is we hear about the NHS struggling with it's finances...and the Troops out in Iraq and wherever that don't get what they fully need..yet they give a lot of money away in legal aid to help people who are into terrorism and things like that...so they put a rise on fuel so they can carry on....grrrr :rolleyes:

The garage at the top of the road had diesel at 99.9p and unleaded at 97.9p...why can it not be 79.9p and 77.9p...or even less!!

Oil is bought with Dollars. What gets me is that the pound has gained so much over the dollar over the last year - so a dollar is worth less and less compared to Sterling. Yet this is never factored into the petrol prices here ( or it never seems to be ). When the pound makes gains on the dollar the price of petrol never drops to reflect this !

Oil is bought with Dollars. What gets me is that the pound has gained so much over the dollar over the last year - so a dollar is worth less and less compared to Sterling. Yet this is never factored into the petrol prices here ( or it never seems to be ). When the pound makes gains on the dollar the price of petrol never drops to reflect this !

Tax and duty on fuel account for 80% of the price we pay at the pumps. Exchange rate movement is only going to have a small effect on fuel prices. Wholesale oil price movement is a bigger factor but still small compared to the slice HM Gov take :(

This is true, the government could control this a bit better, soon we will have to pay for the air we breathe!

This is true, the government could control this a bit better, soon we will have to pay for the air we breathe!

If they could meter it............they would! :lol::lol::lol:

And what makes me mad is we hear about the NHS struggling with it's finances...and the Troops out in Iraq and wherever that don't get what they fully need..yet they give a lot of money away in legal aid to help people who are into terrorism and things like that...so they put a rise on fuel so they can carry on....grrrr :rolleyes:

The garage at the top of the road had diesel at 99.9p and unleaded at 97.9p...why can it not be 79.9p and 77.9p...or even less!!

You think youve got it bad? I paid........... wait for it ....................£1.07 per litre for unleaded yesterday :o :angry: - nearly keeled over at the pump! Didnt have enough fuel to get to another garage though so i had no choice! :o

You think youve got it bad? I paid........... wait for it ....................£1.07 per litre for unleaded yesterday :o :angry: - nearly keeled over at the pump! Didnt have enough fuel to get to another garage though so i had no choice! :o

I use this site to find the cheapest...well I did until yesterday...quite good for showing where they are....CLICKY

Sainsburys Grimsby Grimsby 4.24 miles 95.9p 01-10-2007

Shell Shell Grimsby Grimsby 5.11 miles 95.9p 30-09-2007

Morrisons Morrisons Cleethorpes Grimsby 7.98 miles 95.9p 01-10-2007

Total Tcs East Marsh Grimsby 3.23 miles 96.9p 30-09-2007

Jet Buccaneer Filling Station Cleethorpes 0.95 miles 97.9p 01-10-2007

Tesco Tesco Cleethorpes Extra Cleethorpes 1.94 miles 97.9p 01-10-2007

Jet Cleethorpes Road Service Station Grimsby 3.2 miles 97.9p 01-10-2007

Jet Mariners Service Station Grimsby 5.07 miles 97.9p 01-10-2007

Jet Roundhead Filling Station Grimsby 5.3 miles 97.9p

I think we need to put our heads together and come up with the recipe to Cold Fusion, that would stuff em

I think we need to put our heads together and come up with the recipe to Cold Fusion, that would stuff em

Probably already done but they will wait until the very last minute so that they can milk us

I filled up in a garage today it was £1.09 per ltr for standard diesel....... luckily it was a works van :P £80 odd later van was full