Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Yaris Ideas

crazyman50000

Right. Only had my '51 1.3 Yaris GLS a week and I love it. Went from an R reg 1.0L Polo to this.

It's a lot quicker. In the Polo, people would think I was letting them out of side roads in traffic when in fact it just took forever to pull off. Only 2 gripes atm are : power steering is too light and the factory fitted sound system sounds utter *****e.

Anyway, my old install from the Polo got ripped out and is now being put in the Yaris. Except that I've decided to go 1 better on the ICE.

What was in the Polo :

Toxic TX-600N 600W Amp

Sony XSL121P5S 1200W PMPO Sub

Clarion DXZ758RMC Head unit (25W RMS / channel x 4)

Alpine SXE-1750S Component Speakers

The Alpines are 16.5cm so Im hoping they fit in the !Removed! doors! (depth wise)

Im thinking - bolt the amp to one of the back seats, sit the sub in the boot.

Clarion headunit is being fitted Friday (very nice headunit - the display has user changeable back lighting letting me match it to the green illuminated interior!)

Add to that a set of these to the top panels :

http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php?pid=3...ow=expand_image

And Im happy. I know those aren't 100W btw, it's closer to 35W/speaker RMS.

I might try to install the tweeters out the component kit - Id like to, but it's not essential as the coaxials will cover that frequency range anyway. Any inspiration on this would be great though.

Door Speakers Im going to wire to the rear speaker connections of the HU, 4" ones are going on the front. 1" tweeters run off the door Speakers.

One thing I've noticed : parkers.co.uk is WRONG! My GLS DOES NOT have 4 front speakers. Just 2 crappy 4" ones on the dash.

After all that, Im going to upgrade the interior light using a 9 LED 31mm festoon off eBay and install an interior light delay dimmer - similar to what's on the CDX.

The other 2 are in the doors.

Sounds like a lot of kit, good luck with it.

The amp wont bolt to a seat though, they're not hard-backed seats. Best off bolting it to the sub or velcroing to the boot floor as an easy solution.

6.5" Speakers do fit but I know that some alpine components are too deep and catch slightly on the window.

They aren't. Or if they are they aren't plugged in! Ive tried sticking the volume up till it distorts ont radio and nout comes out door Speakers.

Ive got the Haynes manual on order anyhow. Ill strip the doors down Friday, have a poke around with a screwdriver, see if I can get em working / install the Alpines. The ones I have I know are too deep, Im hoping to use washers or something as spacers.

Im hoping the adaptors come by then, can't ****ing wait to get the Clarion back up n running. This Toyboata stereo system's a pile of donkey !Removed!. Considering it's supposed to be Jap made, it aint half crap sounding...

Btw, I call my car a Toyboata after the Top Gear Hilux edition ;)

Also, @ calling your dealer Mr. T - I actually have a Mr.T keyfob!

http://www.firebox.com/product/860?src_t=sbk&src_id=mrt

I PITY THE FOO that try to break in to my car when I've engaged the deadlocks >.>

Also, I just got my refund off Hastings "we'll cancel your insurance policy because we can't program a database properly" Direct so Im a bit more chuffed now.

Once I stick all that in, Ill take a trip to B&Q for a nice piece of MDF and get a nice piece of speaker carpet from work so it looks finished.

lemme know if those alpine components fit bud! theyre one of the sets im looking at for my t sport

how did they sound in the polo? id imagine theyre quite clear and bassy ?:)

lemme know if those alpine components fit bud! theyre one of the sets im looking at for my t sport

how did they sound in the polo? id imagine theyre quite clear and bassy ?:)

They aren't bad. Bass response is a little poor but you'll notice it's there. Tweeters were a BIG improvement.

Door Speakers do work, just that there wasn't any output from the old HU for some reason. Plugged in the Clarion and all 4 works but Im gunna see if the plastic trim comes tomorrow so I can make a proper job of it.

Im not bothering with the alpine tweeters now, Ill just rely on the coaxes built in tweeters for what I want.

Anyone got any idea how to get the gala / speed pulse working ; if I need to buy anything extra or what wire to connect the HU to?

Install's all done!

New headunit's now installed.

Twister 402-RD repleaced the dash Speakers fine though they lack a bit in treble response. Ive found that I have to have the treble on full on the HU to compensate but they sound ok now.

The door Speakers fit but I had to use spacers. I literally drilled n screwed the Speakers to the doors (who needs adaptors >.>) and used some nuts and washers as spacers. Electric window doesnt catch, speaker doesnt vibrate and the trim fits. Taped up the plastic as advised and it's all good. All win!

You can't really mount the tweeters anywhere. One option is to put them in the black triangle near the door mirror but I think they're too deep.

Amp's in the passenger seat drawer. Sub JUST fits in the boot with the back seat all the way back.

Routed all the cables and it works a treat! Moved the fader slightly towards the door speakers for a bit better mid range response (my Alpines > the Twisters btw, but running both is very good) then set the balance 1 notch to the left as that speaker's further away and I just think it sounds better.

Set up the filters on the HU, and it sounds great! Bass response is spot on, treble and midrange are right where I want em to be.

Can't even tell I've had the car apart. I'm well pleased!

The door speakers fit but I had to use spacers. I literally drilled n screwed the speakers to the doors (who needs adaptors >.>) and used some nuts and washers as spacers. Electric window doesnt catch, speaker doesnt vibrate and the trim fits. Taped up the plastic as advised and it's all good. All win!

If theres "air" between the door and the speaker, you would loose a lot of midrange output. A spacer is number 1, because it seals the speaker from the door... So the nuts og washers may be a good idea istead of spacers/adaptors - but the sound will suffer...

Sounds alright to me. No real difference from the Polo and those speakers were straight swap.

Okay - but it makes a difference, believe me... ;) A tight seal between the door and the speaker is very important, but if youre satisfied with the sound as it is... Well - thats whats matters... ;)

Sounds alright to me. No real difference from the Polo and those speakers were straight swap.

Okay - but it makes a difference, believe me... ;) A tight seal between the door and the speaker is very important, but if youre satisfied with the sound as it is... Well - thats whats matters... ;)

In the meantime, why not get a pushbike, with a ghetto blaster strapped to the handlebars! :lol:

In the meantime, why not get a pushbike, with a ghetto blaster strapped to the handlebars! :lol:

Wow - that will work for me..! Great idea... :D :D

Stop spying on my weekend recreational activities :angry:

In the Polo, people would think I was letting them out of side roads in traffic when in fact it just took forever to pull off.

A bit like a pushbike then?

brick.gif

In the Polo, people would think I was letting them out of side roads in traffic when in fact it just took forever to pull off.

A bit like a pushbike then?

brick.gif

If you cant fit tweeters, have you thought of the optional Yaris ones? They fit in the a-pillar. Or you may even get another make to fit in the same place!

How is the pushbike going, btw?

• 1 year later...