Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Popper

rickster

Considering smoothing my boot, ie, removing wiper and lock.

If i get a boot popper can this be wired up to the old connections for the wiper motor? and then just use that switch to activate the boot?

Or

Would i be better wiring it up to my alarm? am i right in thinking that you need an aux channel on the alarm system?

thanks

ricky

anybody have any experience with how these work in a yaris?

Hi mate, I would think a bit before removing wiper as the Yaris windows seem to get covered in shy-t more than the average car!

I found that, even with boot spoiler and rear mudflaps! Plus, it may be worth checking that this would be legal, same as removing fogs, etc. They MIGHT be a requirement on modern vehicles.

As for the lock... Cool!!! Perhaps even an electric opener, like the Volvo on TV!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Gar on this. The back of my Yaris seams to be a real shy-t magnet too. Removing the rear wiper may be a mistake. If you did remove the rear wiper and connected the boot popper to the rear wiper wiring, it would work, but:

1. To get in the boot you would first have to get in the car, then turn the ignition on, before you could pop the boot open with the rear wiper switch.

2. Because the rear wiper runs constanly on the Yaris when switched on. and the rear wiper switch does not return to the off position when released, there is a posibility of you supplying a constant current to the electric boot popper by mistake, which will burn the popper out.

A much better idea would be to buy an alarm that has a seperate boot popper button on the fob (looks really cool in the supermarket carpark!). I`ve seen these on some Clifford alarms and a few others. Or, a cheaper method would be to just mount a push button inside the car somewhere.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links