Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Get Together

anchorman

I don't know if anybody is interested but we should be stood in some hotel car park kicking tyres (although don't kick those run flats too hard), having a beer and talking the usual nonsense face to face me thinks.

I just wonder if there is enough intent to arrange something. I am thinking along the lines of a night at a hotel somewhere (with spouse/partners) and we can all see these motors in the flesh instead of digitally.

As for a venue we need to see who would be interested and weight it towards the majority (I somehow think it might be towards Hadrians Wall so we could do that repair work).

So.

Would you be interested?

Are you prepared to travel?

Can anybody bring an interpreter and some straight jackets for Fuj' Chatman and Dave for when they get into heavy debate?

I'm in.

Regards

PS. Water is not an excuse Clare. Niether is a Vauxhall (you could hold a chip auction) or even that Honda thingy - you know who you are!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• anchorman

• chatman

• Fujisan

I don't know if anybody is interested but we should be stood in some hotel car park kicking tyres (although don't kick those run flats too hard), having a beer and talking the usual nonsense face to face me thinks.

I just wonder if there is enough intent to arrange something. I am thinking along the lines of a night at a hotel somewhere (with spouse/partners) and we can all see these motors in the flesh instead of digitally.

As for a venue we need to see who would be interested and weight it towards the majority (I somehow think it might be towards Hadrians Wall so we could do that repair work).

So.

Would you be interested?

Can anybody bring an interpreter and some straight jackets for Fuj' Chatman and Dave for when they get into heavy debate?

I'm in.

Regards

PS. Water is not an excuse Clare. Niether is a Vauxhall (you could hold a chip auction) or even that Honda thingy - you know who you are!

Look good all those RAV's on the back of your train. :lol:

Yep would be interested.

Just because I ain't here sometimes don't mean I ain't watching all you lot..... :ph34r:

If any one brings the UGLY one then they have to park it in the furthest corner of the carpark so as not to scare :eek::crybaby: :crybaby: my Wife and Daughter and the RAV....It has feelings you know... :hug:

Any how Bring the misses.....errrrr she thinks I am just looking on eBay not on this forum or as she says "Bl**dy car web thingy again" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: then we can talk about them too with the ear bashing..... :walkman:

It's also OK the doctor says I should get out and meet more of the community and I'm hoping to be allowed to touch sharp things soon also :death: :death:

How about a central location somewhere so we have more or less same amount of travelling...We could combine it with a pub crawl or just one location and get bladdered in one location..... :beer: :meet: :cheers:

worship.gif

P.S. Anchorman..I'll bring my trowel and muck board and some cement....those holes in that wall seem to be leaking a bit too much..... :lol::unsure:

Could be interested. Depends on date and location etc.

There is a regular meet at the Bubble Inn, in Derby, that a lot of the Supra, Celica and MR2 peeps go to.

I've been to a few, when I used to have my RX8. It's supposed to be a Jap car meet, but not sure how they's take to a load of RAVs turning up, as I've only ever seen sports cars there.

I'd come along too, or would there be a limit on the number of train drivers allowed? :lol::lol:

I'd come along too, or would there be a limit on the number of train drivers allowed? :lol::lol:

No mate, we'de have to form a splinter group in one corner.

How about a central location somewhere so we have more or less same amount of travelling...We could combine it with a pub crawl or just one location and get bladdered in one location..... :beer: :meet: :cheers:

Oooh now theres a thing, gettin bladdered, I could'nt think of a better way to spend an evening, it's gonna be a bit tricky driving home all the way from the wall with only one eye open though! ;) :eek::eek::eek::drunk:

Kingo :thumbsup:

So.

Would you be interested?

I'm in.

Regards

Sounds Great, count me in.

Fix a date and I'll have a look at my shift rota but should be OK.

By the way I have my own straight jacket...........your not allowed in work without it :lol::lol:

What a greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allthough its hard for us to get away because my wife has to look after her elderly ill parents :( :( :( :( :(

(cue violins)

BUT theres the Jamie situation. Who's Jamie you ask ? Well he is my beautiful new great nephew just a couple

of weeks old (he arrived 7 weeks early).

Bored yet ?

Well you know what women are like when babies are involved. Soooooooooooooooo provisionally arranged a visit for

the weekend of 3rd/4th November.

And ?

Jamie lives in Lancashire :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Longridge (Ribble Valley/ preston) to be exact. So we will be staying either in Ribchester (B&B) or Barton (lovely

4 star hotel) So can we use this as a starter for 10 ? If not I'm sure we will be be back down later in year but it

certainly cuts you guys travelling time a bit. (depending on other scottish members wanting to attend)

I will even wear the blue stuff on my face and carry a shield and axe (picts :lol::lol: )

So its a yes from me.

Dave ;)

If we meet in the bar, how are we going to know who each other are??? Do we wear a pink carnation and do a funny handshake or something??? :D

KIngo :thumbsup:

If we meet in the bar, how are we going to know who each other are??? Do we wear a pink carnation and do a funny handshake or something??? :D

KIngo :thumbsup:

Well Me Dave and Fuji will be wearing the straight jackets and bobbing in the corning surrounded by security and doctors in white coats....Anchorman will be the one with the Train drivers hat on and his Hornby friends talking about leaf mulch and ice..... and Sussex Paul will be set up with his scissors and comb by the mirror's....

I didn't think I'd be allowed to bring the TT ??? :P

Any chance of getting the meeting anywhere near to the Watford Gap, only I start to get a nosebleed when I go much further north :lol:

And I hear you need a passport :lol:

And they have different money :lol:

And apparently it's quite grim oop there :lol:

And people wear flat caps and keep Whippets and Pigeons................... :lol:

Well Me Dave and Fuji will be wearing the straight jackets and bobbing in the corning surrounded by security and doctors in white coats....Anchorman will be the one with the Train drivers hat on and his Hornby friends talking about leaf mulch and ice..... and Sussex Paul will be set up with his scissors and comb by the mirror's....

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

So let me review;

Valeite

Chatman

Simes

Dunc

Kingo

Fuj'

Dave M

Paul

Is everybody OK with Lancashire? Dave, do you have the name of the hotel?

Still not heard from some of the others - are you up for it or not???

Hi guys, its called the Barton Grange. Just checked the web site and it looks like its full, but my wife

is going to ring them to check. If they are the wife will find something else, having visited the area

so many times she has found some good places in the past. Trouble is, we are now into the special

weekend break time of year so some places getting busy. Remember guys, if this aint suitable I can

be flexible, so if any of you know a decent place in the area speak up. :thumbsup:

I'd love to go if it was a bit more central as lancashire is a bit far from here. (North Norfolk).

Nige

Must admit, I'd prefer somewhere a bit more Central.

How about somewhere in your area Anchorman, ie: the Peak District?

So let me review;

Valeite

Chatman

Simes

Dunc

Kingo

Fuj'

Dave M

Paul

Is everybody OK with Lancashire? Dave, do you have the name of the hotel?

Still not heard from some of the others - are you up for it or not???

Ok map directions and distance for me...If any one else wants we to work there's out PM me and I will....maybe us coming from down south we could travel in convoy...(T180 drivers may need to be gentle with me :unsure: :unsure:)

Wifey may not be able to get time off from work....they like more notice...but my Daughter is a miniature version of the wife and will tell her everything any way... :lol: :lol:

Distance.jpg

maproute.jpg

Am deffo up for a meeting -

Only prob is I'm already commited to taking my son to the Shell MPH Show 2007 (Jeremy Clarkson etc) at Earls Court for that weekend.

I would also ask for somewhere a bit more central if poss - clearly only relevant if the date is to be changed.

Sorry to be a pain................ :unsure:

In fact I can't do those dates either. To be honest I was just getting a feel for peoples willingness to start with.

Is everybody else willing to move a bit further south to help Paul out???

There was a place in the picturesque Hope Valley (about half way between Stockport and Sheffield) but I don't know if they are still operating.

Shall I check? (Is everyone happy with it?)

The dates I can do are;

17/18 Nov

8/9 Dec

After these dates we are probably looking at the new year but then the weather may effect things for a while.

It might be easier if we get things into an email loop then we can copy all with responses. If everybody wants to pm me then I can collate the addresses.

Newcomers please feel free to respond.

Regards

In fact I can't do those dates either. To be honest I was just getting a feel for peoples willingness to start with.

There was a place in the picturesque Hope Valley (about half way between Stockport and Sheffield) but I don't know if they are still operating.

The dates I can do are;

17/18 Nov

8/9 Dec

After these dates we are probably looking at the new year but then the weather may effect things for a while.

It might be easier if we get things into an email loop then we can copy all with responses. If everybody wants to pm me then I can collate the addresses.

Regards

Anchorman....

May be worth while doing a North meeting and South Meeting then maybe a Summer all meet up....although we all love driving our RAV's the T180 owners may not want to stray too far from a dealer in case of a puncture :unsure: :unsure: ......and the petrol owners may want to be near a petrol station... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If we could organize a meet before Christmas that would be great.... :yes: A little nearer down south would be a better option for us Southerners any way my passport needs re-newing and they may not allow me passed Birmingham, although I'm being smuggled into Liverpool on Sunday strapped inside a Pendolino train (bugger did I mention trains :!Removed!: ) and need more time to learn a foreign language as they speak funny oop narth.....do they still drive on the left and is the money the same as ours as well B) B) B) B)

Most good travel lodges have good pubs next to them and we can fall out of the pub and into the hotel....Also open to ideas on Itinerary on anything any one would like to do....Alton towers is near for us southerners (sort off) so we could stay in the hotel near there and combine a day at the theme park...

Also this Hotel can do group bookings and discount tickets..+ meals as well....and nice big car park as well......

The Dog and Partridge

altontowers.jpg

We had an RX8OC meeting here a couple of years back. Has a pub luch, went for a walk down Dovedale, and across the stepping stones, and then 16 RX8's went for a blast around the countryside, getting stuck a couple of times down the single track lanes :eek:

The dates I can do are;

17/18 Nov

8/9 Dec

Regards

Sorry I can't do them dates but has I said before you lads and lasses set a date and I'll see if it can fit in with my shifts.

It's very encouraging the response people have given this idea and and sure sooner or later it will all come together :thumbsup:

Great idea guys but sorry to say i can't get out due to family commitments.....hope you all have a good time, maybe a convoy up into the hills like the guys is germany...... :driving::driving::lol::lol: :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links