Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Get Together

anchorman

Bothwell..........Love your replies..it takes me ages to read em... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• anchorman

• chatman

• Fujisan

Bothwell..........Love your replies..it takes me ages to read em... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

see yer location.... who's lap are ye oan the noo? Jist cos ma wifes oot an ahm jist checking.... :angry:

see yer location.... who's lap are ye oan the noo? Jist cos ma wifes oot an ahm jist checking.... :angry:

Give it five minutes and she'll be on her way Bothwell..... :drool:

Yep that's them...also have a place in Gatwick as well....

You changed your sig as well Dave....

Re the sig, was on the 3 word story with Raistlin (spinning star of david) CFC 1 (spinning celtic logo)

and me with the spinning Toyota logo and a Toyota humping a H****. Started getting dizzy :wacko::wacko:

And decided to drop one. THE LOGO...................

Just look at my Avatar and your old picture from thread (I know you've got a copy) and all normality will be restored.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

So not only do we have Hornby fans but also a couple of Nicky Clarke's....Dave looks like me and you are the only serious one's on here.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just out of interest and me being nosy. What is everybody's every day job....

Me I'm a Facilities Management Software Development Consultant...deal with AutoCAD and other packages with various clients all over the country...

Er, (puts head above parapet) - I'm an ECU Hardware Design Engineer for a global automotive component supplier. So now all your ECU problems will be my fault :yes: :yes: :yes:

Nah, you shouldn't get any, I don't work for Denso. :lol:

wi mair bytes than a Scottish Midge can give in an hoor...!!!

Bothwell that's a fine quote. Is it a general Scot's one or one of your own? I can probably use it in my day job. Do you mind? No royalties available I'm affraid.

Mind you, too much of this Scot's dialect stuff and I'm going to have to retaliate with things like this:

Click(Doh Talk Saft)

(note where the sign was made!)

Cheers

So not only do we have Hornby fans but also a couple of Nicky Clarke's....Dave looks like me and you are the only serious one's on here.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just out of interest and me being nosy. What is everybody's every day job....

Me I'm a Facilities Management Software Development Consultant...deal with AutoCAD and other packages with various clients all over the country...

Er, (puts head above parapet) - I'm an ECU Hardware Design Engineer for a global automotive component supplier. So now all your ECU problems will be my fault :yes: :yes: :yes:

Nah, you shouldn't get any, I don't work for Denso. :lol:

wi mair bytes than a Scottish Midge can give in an hoor...!!!

Bothwell that's a fine quote. Is it a general Scot's one or one of your own? I can probably use it in my day job. Do you mind? No royalties available I'm affraid.

Mind you, too much of this Scot's dialect stuff and I'm going to have to retaliate with things like this:

Click(Doh Talk Saft)

(note where the sign was made!)

Cheers

Haw there ma man... ah cannae pronunce yername but coming frae south o Carlisle, ye must be foreign. ?shcm?

Being an ECU hardware design engineer must bring you a lot of job satisfaction knowing yer products perform 100%.

Altho ah must admit that ah cannae find the ecu on the Humber hawk - were ye aroon at that time????

As far as the quotation ye mentuion - aye its mine and I make em up on the 'spur of the moment' as you BBC types say. I've been encouraged tae write short stories by a few folk that see ma emails, - maybe one day.

A wee story by the way, jist fur you. When ah wis doin ma bit fur Royal Mail (thats a few chapters in itsel) I was involved with the TV production company (Indigo) who produce the ITV National TV Awards. They had the idea, but they didn't have the idea of how to collect and count votes. From previous consultancy I'd done for BT, I came up with a system whereby Royal mail counted the votes which came in via newspapers or voting sheets from the public. We processed the count in the Glasgow Letters sorting centre. A massive innovation which made Royal Mail a few million. That was when that Awards thing was originally set up and I had to get legal clearance from barristers, bannisters and other legal hangers-on in the chambers in london...

I never thought about copyrighting my part of the process. I did ask Royal Mail for 7% of the increased revenue as a bonus, and needless to say they refused. Shame as I used to get 5+% of added revenue from BT when I did similar marketing work from them. A lot of money back then.

From this idea, my team (cos by that time some folk recognised I had a gift to make money) developed 'Token Collect' where newspapers got the public to collect tokens and then Royal mail counted them.

The rest is for another chapter.

And coming back to your request. Of course you can use the quote.

It is derived from an email i got today from a small business in Glasgow, cos MISCO had failed to come back to me with a price. I asked for a powerful desktop to handle the voluntary charity work I do, which takes in website creation and update; video editting; and lots of research. Don't worry aboot the spellin cos ah got 3 O-levels in spelling.

Onyway, the nice chaps came back wi a spec, under my budget (£900) for a quad processor and 4MB RAM and a terror byte hard disc format.

Now when ye get involved in forums such as, then its easy tae take the pish so tae speak - an outlet for expression with little likelihood o meeting onywan.

So a terror bite in scotland is when the midges get tae ye at dusk ona damp night in August near Dunoon. And hence the quote . Good eh ??

Ahm wits called an innovator wi a strong part as a problem solver. Tell me something that cannae be done and I'll prove otherwise. Pain in the neck but. So much so that ma doctor has jist changed wan o ma tablets as he said it also helps to sort oot pains so here's hoping....!

A wee mention o wur charity to create a world class centre o excellence for people with special needs in the Uk, in Scotland would be nice and for people to visit www.active4all.info so they can go onto the contacts page and register their name as a supporter is all I ask.

Aw ra best and may yer RAVs last forever

Lastly fur onywan reading this far, I don't live in Bothwell. I used to for a few years but managed to escape. Its fu o solicitors/accountants/drug salesmen/ and other unworthys.

Lastly fur onywan reading this far, I don't live in Bothwell. I used to for a few years but managed to escape. Its fu o solicitors/accountants/drug salesmen/ and other unworthys.

Like most other British towns then? lol :eek::eek::eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Like most other British towns then? lol :eek::eek::eek:

Aye funny one - jist cos ye live in the snobbish end o Chester!!!

Up here in th real wurld, yer so called professionals live in special enclaves wot you lot down there call "estates" and we call upmarket havens fur rogues, vagabonds and thieves. Many of their homes have secure entry systems to keep them in during hours of light.

Yer honest people live in 'schemes' where ye can see the neighbour ower ra wall or thru the fence if there is one. Whena lived in the Wirral, there wisnae a solicitor or accountant nearby cos they all lived in Heswall wi Jimmy Tarbucks mither living in a big hoose in New Brighton. So nae cheating - ah know there's nae accountants in Toxteth!

Gie ye wan thing but, Chester Zoo has great facilities fur the anuimals and plants but. They cuid diversify intae jails tae save the oer crowding in the English jail system. Don't have that problem up here cos the legal system helps tae keep their ain oot o jail....

And see - ma visit tae the vet cost £90... :angry: :angry: :angry: Ah cuid buy a car aff eBay fur that!!

Yer honest people live in 'schemes' where ye can see the neighbour ower ra wall or thru the fence if there is one. Whena lived in the Wirral, there wisnae a solicitor or accountant nearby cos they all lived in Heswall wi Jimmy Tarbucks mither living in a big hoose in New Brighton. So nae cheating - ah know there's nae accountants in Toxteth!

Ive been trying to decipher this fer ages now, lol. I cant afford the Chester end either BB, I'm nearer Ellesmere Port, you know where Shell have their Stanlow refinery, if there was any pollution produced (I'm not saying there is just in case a barrister is reading this!!!) it goes up in the air, misses the "Port" and gets dumped on Chester/Wales, lol. As for Heswall, your right, most of the footballers from Liverpool and Everton live in and around there, that and Caldy, Brimsatge etc. Nice to know you know the area

Bothwell, it's harder deciphering your messages than it is reading a bit o' Rabbie Burns!!! :lol:

Tam O Shanter's nowhere near as difficult!!! :lol:

There's an awful lot of Techno/Computer Types on here by the way. Very frightening for a dinosaur like myself :fear:

No wonder you're all so adept at posting stuff up that actually works!! :lol:

My job? Security Consultant (posh name for someone who travels a lot, reads threat assessments and writes reports for people!)

Only got my first Laptop recently......................... :lol:

And while we're at it, I'm a very "young" 38 years old :P

Bothwell, it's harder deciphering your messages than it is reading a bit o' Rabbie Burns!!! :lol:

Tam O Shanter's nowhere near as difficult!!! :lol:

I find this helps, Paul. :lol::lol::lol:

Babelfish

Chaps...

I'm gonna be very honest ere :unsure:

My other half comes from north of hadrians wall...so I would have my own intepreter....however being severely under the thumb I dont think she would let me go.... :(

HOLD ON a second here.....WHAT did I just say.... :o

I believe I would be able to make it....depending on dates, I dont have any leave left and would have to see if the days fall on my off time and inbetween my OT.... B)

As for distance....well I fink I get around 300miles ooot me tank so that radius should be ok ish....dont want it to be to expensive...being married to a scotts and another :baby: on the way the old robs beer fund is pretty much deminished... :(

However I am sure I could scrape a few pennies together....Must admit that for me this time of year is pretty difficult specially with crimbo around the corner....

Rgds

Rob

B)

Awe, please. Yer the man wit wis using red petrol til I broucht it tae yer attention that it micht jist be illegal, so waurs the problem on petrol costs. Tell us waur ye get the red petrol or ahll phone ra vatman (naw - not chatman!)

Naughty, naughty :nono:

You do know that the dye that is used, stains the fuel tank and pipework and Customs and Excise will use that has evidence that you've used "duty not paid" fuel.

It is then for you to prove otherwise!

:huh: ave I missed sommet ere??? :huh:

Bit confused here...tried to get my northern wife to decypher this

"Awe, please. Yer the man wit wis using red petrol til I broucht it tae yer attention that it micht jist be illegal, so waurs the problem on petrol costs. Tell us waur ye get the red petrol or ahll phone ra vatman (naw - not chatman!)"

but she drew a blank...perhaps she has been englishised and has lost touch with her northern side....

so can anyone translate for me?...I tried bable fish but even they couldnt help :huh:

Chaps...

I'm gonna be very honest ere :unsure:

My other half comes from north of hadrians wall...so I would have my own intepreter....however being severely under the thumb I dont think she would let me go.... :(

HOLD ON a second here.....WHAT did I just say.... :o

I believe I would be able to make it....depending on dates, I dont have any leave left and would have to see if the days fall on my off time and inbetween my OT.... B)

As for distance....well I fink I get around 300miles ooot me tank so that radius should be ok ish....dont want it to be to expensive...being married to a scotts and another :baby: on the way the old robs beer fund is pretty much deminished... :(

However I am sure I could scrape a few pennies together....Must admit that for me this time of year is pretty difficult specially with crimbo around the corner....

Rgds

Rob

B)

Awe, please. Yer the man wit wis using red petrol til I broucht it tae yer attention that it micht jist be illegal, so waurs the problem on petrol costs. Tell us waur ye get the red petrol or ahll phone ra vatman (naw - not chatman!)

Naughty, naughty :nono:

You do know that the dye that is used, stains the fuel tank and pipework and Customs and Excise will use that has evidence that you've used "duty not paid" fuel.

It is then for you to prove otherwise!

:huh: ave I missed sommet ere??? :huh:

Bit confused here...tried to get my northern wife to decypher this

"Awe, please. Yer the man wit wis using red petrol til I broucht it tae yer attention that it micht jist be illegal, so waurs the problem on petrol costs. Tell us waur ye get the red petrol or ahll phone ra vatman (naw - not chatman!)"

but she drew a blank...perhaps she has been englishised and has lost touch with her northern side....

so can anyone translate for me?...I tried bable fish but even they couldnt help :huh:

Let me start at the beginning and put into simple language. Your original description detailed a Vermillion RAV and implying it used red petrol. Quote "RAV... Vermillion Red petrol"

I merely raised the question of where one might acquire red petrol as we only get red diesel up here. The 'red' then mysteriously disappeared from your description.

OK so far??

I then politely asked where one can buy said red petrol or one may have the obligation to inquire of the VAT man where one can acquire discount red petrol?? Assuming you're using cheap red petrol to get to the rendezvous (I believe that last word may have French origins).

Now, all of that seems quite straightforward to me. A little dry humour based on the original description and as one says down south - taking the mickey (Irish) or up here "taking the pish". Pardon the language but up here it has a certain descriptive value.

I meant no offence (as opposed to a fence) and just like winding English people up cos they steal our oil.

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Sorry one wee issue I must enquire about if I may -

you said -

"As for distance....well I fink I get around 300miles ooot me tank so that radius should be ok ish....dont want it to be to expensive...being married to a scotts and another baby.gif on the way the old robs beer fund is pretty much deminished"

Now, that tells me that you somehow store miles in a tank - quite clever. Being married to a scotts is poor spelling - it should read " a refined Scottish Lady".

I'd suggest buying your gorgeous wife a nice present and advise her that you will need to drive 300 miles to collect it because it is too precious.... a child harness would be appropriate!

best wishes and hope all goes well

the mad yin frae the north o Watford...... :yahoo: :yahoo:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! That is what you was on a boot!... :lol:

I took your advice and changed my profile did not want to get someone upset....

As for gettin the wife a pressie...shes got the best one she could ever have.....MOI! B)

Yep I do tend to store miles in me tank rather than MPG...I prefer to measure my squid in distance rather than volume!

I was in no way offended by any of your comments... I dont get upset quickly....however there are 3.5 sacred things in a mans life...

0.5 his Rav ;)

1 his drink

2 his food

3 his wife...

If no one messes with those then life is sweet!

rgds

Rob

B)

Opps..... Sorry Rob :shutit:

BB was a bit to subtle for me as well.

Very sorry if I implied that you were doing anything dodgy.

I'll go out now and give myself a good flogging :blink:

Opps..... Sorry Rob :shutit:

BB was a bit to subtle for me as well.

Very sorry if I implied that you were doing anything dodgy.

I'll go out now and give myself a good flogging :blink:

as it happens, I have been offering a helpline for people with mental health problems for about 10 years....

the charity is march trust.

you have no need to self-harm.

A better method is to hope England lose the rugby final then you may feel absolved of any bad thoughts................

• 1 month later...

All

I have been trawling around to find a venue for the proposed Spring meet. Somebody kindly suggested the Stenson Bubble near Derby who were very helpful but couldn't do accommodation. I prefer to stay out so we can have a noggin and a natter without any worries. I have spoken to this company who told me that all their hotels have eateries adjoining them so we can get a meal and a noggin!!!

http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/index.asp

Rooms vary but some start at £29.95 and most are £39.95 (but some dearer).

As for the location, I will go with the flow so anywhere in the country is game for me. I know some of you have youngsters so it is not so easy but I will just treat it as a weekend away. To start the ball rolling I will throw in a couple of dates;

Saturday 12th April (stay out till the 13th)

Saturday 3rd May (stay over till the 4th)

As far as I am concerned wives and kids are invited (but don't let them see what we are doing ;) )

As for the location, you will find them on the "find a lodge" page so if evrybody states a preference we can perhaps find the most popular or weight it towards the highest density.

Any offers?

:thumbsup:

Thanks for making the effort.

The date in April is bad for me cos I need to pick up the missus on the 12th when she comes back frae NY wi her pals. Course I could hire a taxi fur her....? So maybe its good. I dinna have many friends up here - dunno why?

The 3 May I think is OK. 2 weeks later is my daughters birthday - no sorry =- wedding; so again is ok.

I'd tend to avoid Motherwell or anywhere else that have hoodies who'd nick ma alloys (ie ma teeth, no ma wheels).

Course, I'll ony come alang if there's anither 3 door RAV cos ahm no listening tae a hoard o we'ens screeming aboot; aifter they fa aff the 5 door......whits been polished in pouring rain an so oan.

guess i cant come :(

im not a bloke and I cant bring a wife lol :)

All are welcome...No worries...if you want to borrow one of the others wife's I'm sure there oblige...we can sit them in a corner give em a bottle of wine and there be off all night..... :lol: :lol:

Bothy don't forget the border patrol if you come further down south. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: ..O and also bring yea phrase book and interpreter . :hokus-pokus: ..as none of us southerners can understand yea.

Date are fine by me...but I have a business trip to Washington DC in April just need to clarify the dates....

Dinna fash yersel. Wi enuf whisky, ahm onybody's. B) B) B) B) B)

Dinna fash yersel. Wi enuf whisky, ahm onybody's. B) B) B) B) B)

Is there enough whisky to drink then........ :o :o :o :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links