Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Swap?

yaris-on-19's

does anyone know exactly what else i have to change if i change from a 1.0l to a 1.3 engine apart from the engine and box?

why not just go straight for the 1.5?

i dont think you have to change anything else to do it.

or, like most people will tell you, just buy a T sport

well if i can get a 1.5 engine and box at the right money and i dont have to change anything else then i would. am just trying to find out whats involved in an engine swap as mine went bang the other day

you will need the loom and ecu as well (immobiliser in new ecu will need recoding) possibly need driveshafts too

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the chassis on a 1.5 is different to the others. Also your brakes may need upgrading, suspension exhaust ECU etc.

Might be cheaper to get a T Sport then you will have all the bits you don’t have now, trim & upholstery etc...

well yes brakes and suspension as well but just uprated replacements for the std 1.0 stuff would be ok.

doubt toyota would make a different chassis for the TSport. it would not be cost efficient to produce a different chassis unless it was 4WD, even then the front floor and rear chassis rails would be the only change. the motor compartment would be the same bar different weld nut positions for engine mounts

yea its the same chassis they didnt make a new one

unlike the the saxo with the 1.1 chassis and the VTR and VTS chassis where they changed it to cope with the extra power

toyota on the other hand started with a good one :)

well i have found a tsport lump box ecu running gear and loom so hopefully ill be fitting it in the next few weeks. app the timing chain slipped on my 1.0l engine which took out both engine and box. :(

well i have found a tsport lump box ecu running gear and loom so hopefully ill be fitting it in the next few weeks. app the timing chain slipped on my 1.0l engine which took out both engine and box. :(

Please don't forget to inform your insurance company and the DVLA of the change.

yes my insurance and dvla will be informed of the change.

right im picking up engine on sat need to know has anyone done this conversion before is there anything that i need to know or could be usefull to me? if anyone knows of any online topics on this or anything helpful let me know cheers

yes my insurance and dvla will be informed of the change.

right im picking up engine on sat need to know has anyone done this conversion before is there anything that i need to know or could be usefull to me? if anyone knows of any online topics on this or anything helpful let me know cheers

I think the 1.5 is basically a bored out 1.3 lump. Don't forget the all important t-sport grill/badge though. Don't want them Saxo's thinking they are about to leave a 1.0 for dead only to find they have to 'turn off here as I am going the other way', just a hint of red in their cheeks! B)

lol nah it'll be staying debadged i prefer the idea of them not knowing. plus i dont even have a grille to put it on lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links