Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

10,000/1st Year Service

callummcg

I bought a new 55 plate Yaris with 15miles on the clock in september last year from Toyota. The 1st year/10000 mile service was done before I picked it up and my book has been stamped. I got a letter from the same dealer saying I have a service overdue.

Has this service already been done or is this the second service they are talking about? Might seem a stupid question but I just thought i would double check. Cheers.

it will be the second service, as you've had it a year.

They always service them before sending them out whether they need it or not, just to check things over.

it's a year or 10,000 miles whichever comes first

As said above this wil be your 2 year/20,000 mile service. Have a look on your V5C Registration Document to see the exact date your car was registered.

Dealers dont know the mileage your doing, and have to rely on "time basis" to send out a reminder, servicing intervals are 10K or one year, so in effect they are reminding you one year later that you are due for a service, you could however do 15K per year and you would be well overdue, there system is set up to remind you one year on that your due for a service

Kingo :thumbsup:

Dealers dont know the mileage your doing, and have to rely on "time basis" to send out a reminder, servicing intervals are 10K or one year, so in effect they are reminding you one year later that you are due for a service, you could however do 15K per year and you would be well overdue, there system is set up to remind you one year on that your due for a service

Kingo :thumbsup:

I would go for the 10,000 miles service again, if the car has only done that sort of mileage. The 20,00 one will be dearer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links