Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing Sensor Noise Jammed On When Reversing

DellaRed

This problem we have seems a bit intermittent! ... When we put the car in reverse, normally happens when reversing in the drive ... theres a continual high pitched noise that then goes to an on/off noise rapidly when I'm getting closer the garage doors! ... Should it be continuous or ? ... Advise please :) ... Is this right?

Im not particularly close to anything when I'm reversing, its not like its a precision manouvre with lots of objects to avoid!

Bizzare, it should be off until you get closer, and then get faster until your nearly touching the garage doors. Then when your nearly there it will then be continuious to tell you are close enough.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hmmm, its actually continuous ... faulty?

You think I should take it to the garage? ... So inconvenient cause they might need to keep it and cant afford to be without it for a while really <_<

Sounds faulty, does it do it in every parking situation, or just reversing into your garage?

Is your drive flat?

My only experience of these things is my mate's car which panics whenever it's on our sloped drive because it thinks it's about to run into the ground.

Is your drive flat?

My only experience of these things is my mate's car which panics whenever it's on our sloped drive because it thinks it's about to run into the ground.

lmao :lol: ... thats really cute to think of a car panicking ha! ... bless your mates car mind! awhh

well we live on a slight hill (on the bottom) ... but if you can appreciate, theres 10 houses in the road altogether, I go down the road, poke my nose to the left, then reverse into the other corner, so the car is on a slight incline, but not really much of a hill to talk about (not for the car to panick anyway lol)

Sounds faulty, does it do it in every parking situation, or just reversing into your garage?

Ummm, not every parking situation and it only happens now and again but mainly just before Im about to reverse into the drive! :unsure:

Ummm, not every parking situation and it only happens now and again but mainly just before Im about to reverse into the drive! :unsure:

Sorry, but it looks like your moving :eek:

Sorry, but it looks like your moving :eek:

Umm Im having a bit of a dumb moment lol ... what you mean looks like Im moving? ...

I brake, put the car into reverse and as soon as I do this it makes the continual noise ... I might not necessarily be moving at that point but the noise is still there! ... I take it out and put it in a few times to see if this makes any difference, but it doesnt seem to :( :blink:

• 4 years later...

Your car's sensor is wrongly angled (facing downwards). It picks up the ground. If it is the toyota original sensor, you could have it readjusted by the dealer.

• 10 months later...

Mine made a continuous noise instead of the expected increasing bleeps as I reversed. The faulty unit was replaced by the Toyota garage. All's well now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links