Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wheel Wobble

lem0nhead

Hi ive just bought a t sport and im thrilled its awesome. However when i do over a certain speed which shall remain anonymous the steering wheel vibrates. Does anyone else find this or do i just need my wheels aligned properly?

Thanks

P.s. What is the actual 0-60? Some sites say 7.2 some say 7.0 ive even heard 2 say 6.8. Anyone?

Hi ive just bought a t sport and im thrilled its awesome. However when i do over a certain speed which shall remain anonymous the steering wheel vibrates. Does anyone else find this or do i just need my wheels aligned properly?

Thanks

P.s. What is the actual 0-60? Some sites say 7.2 some say 7.0 ive even heard 2 say 6.8. Anyone?

Wheel balance more likely.

Sorry, don't know exact 0-60.

I think official is over 7 seconds, but you may find some testers have acheived faster on a particular surface, or with a very good driver.

Thanks

Wheel balance more likely.

Sorry, don't know exact 0-60.

I think official is over 7 seconds, but you may find some testers have acheived faster on a particular surface, or with a very good driver.

Thanks very much for your response.

PS, sorry just noticed that was your first post.

Welcome to TOC.

Good luck with getting the problem sorted.

Tony

as said above more than likely the wheel balance,

but i recently had to change all my tyres due to 3 of them being twisted, dont know how this happened of what it means,

as for the 0-60 time, the book says 7.2 but obviously it is down to the driver's capabilties aswell, so you could get a fraction quicker, or you could actually be slower!!!

The T Sport wheels buckle easily, the most likely cause is wheel balance but if that doesnt cure it, you may have a buckled wheel (or two!) Just to hijack your thread, we have sets of 4 T Sport wheels, COMPLETE WITH TYRES, for £575 Inc Delivery to any UK address.

KIngo :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

Thanks

parkers guide say 7.2 for all celica 190's except the t-sport at 7.0, 0-60

also i've had my t-sport for nearly a year and it has a slight steering wheel wobble at ~70 and was convinced by the garage it was just a "natural resonance point" and it was nothing to worry about until recently when having a tyre replaced that i had a bent alloy. Would this mean the car has been crashed? is it anything to worry about?

ive had this steering wobble before at 70ish. i replaced the 2 front tyresand it sorted it, was down to uneven tread on the tyres.... and diffrent tread patterns

im also told if u have different amounts of tread i.e uneven wear this can cause the same thing

also a garage should be hpi checking a car before they buy and sell if has been bumped i believe they are obliged to tell you.... as it says in a seller invoice that u sign to say the vehicle has not been in a major accident

• 1 month later...

had my car in for wheel wobble again turned out was sticky caliper which was causing the wheel wobble also had warped disc all replace f.o.c under warranty

drives like a dream now

• 2 months later...

mines got a wobble between 60-70 but my fault really, put a set of 18's on and didnt notice i didnt get any spacers with the alloys ....damn!!!

mines got a wobble between 60-70 but my fault really, put a set of 18's on and didnt notice i didnt get any spacers with the alloys ....damn!!!

I have a import celice 2000 vvy-li and my steering wheel is wobbleing too when i go over 50kmh and above the wheels came with the car and i have had them balanced 4 times and i got spacers also and this worked for a while but it's the same again??.their saying their not buckeled?.And the wheels are 215/40/17 their saying i might need to go up to 215/45/17 im going out of my mind with this i have had the car serviced and alls fine ??realy stuck........need help

gonzo

I have a import celice 2000 vvy-li and my steering wheel is wobbleing too when i go over 50kmh and above the wheels came with the car and i have had them balanced 4 times and i got spacers also and this worked for a while but it's the same again??.their saying their not buckeled?.And the wheels are 215/40/17 their saying i might need to go up to 215/45/17 im going out of my mind with this i have had the car serviced and alls fine ??realy stuck........need help

gonzo

215/40's are the wrong size for a Gen 7, the OE size is 205/45 but you could also fit 215/45. When you mention spacers I presume you mean Spigot Rings. The balancing problem you have could be down to uneven Tyre tread, you would need to remove the Wheels and closely examine the Tread blocks to see if any are raised/sunken. This is a common problem on the cheaper Tyre brands like Federal.

before i had my discs and calipers done i had the wheels counterbalanced and a 4 wheel alignment done and that did the trick