Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tinted Window

Nicknoo

Hi

I bought a yaris T sport Y reg last week. However the drivers window is very badly scratched on the inside? There are a lot of vertical lines.Do yaris T sports come with tinted windows as standard?Has anyone else has a similar problem?If so can the window be repaired or will I just have to pay for a new window? I have also noticed a grinding noise from the back near side especially when I go round corners!It doesnt happen every time.Any thoughts?

thanks

They dont have a tint film if that is what your asking?, not as standard anyway, it is tinted glass. The scratches on the inside like those described are usually caused by wiping mist off the glass when wearing a diamond ring, it scratches the glass to bits! a new glass is going to cost £82 plus fitting

Kingo :thumbsup:

If you have window tint film on your car then grit muck and dirt will scratch the film every time the window is raised or lowered.

You may find the scratches are just on the tint and not the glass, if so, just replace the tint

If you have window tint film on your car then grit muck and dirt will scratch the film every time the window is raised or lowered.

You may find the scratches are just on the tint and not the glass, if so, just replace the tint

The scratches on my window are perfectly vertical it does appear to get worse each time I put the wndow up and down. This is a bit of a dumb question but is there an easy way of telling if my windows have a film on them or not? How much would it be to replace the tint?

The scratches on my window are perfectly vertical it does appear to get worse each time I put the wndow up and down. This is a bit of a dumb question but is there an easy way of telling if my windows have a film on them or not? How much would it be to replace the tint?

As standard, they should have light green tinted glass. If they have had film added, it will be darker then another Yaris! quite easy to notice. The scrathes you mention do sound like they are on film as it usually takes a long time to get that scratched on the glass.

If it is only the one window, I recon you are looking at about £50 to replace, the hardest part being removal of film and matching new one.

The sound you mention is similar to stuff mentioned here before. It is probably due to the metal cover that goes over the rear brake disc. They get a bit too close to the moving part and scrape a little. You may have to remove the offending wheel and straighten it out. Not dificult, just time consuming to get right as each time you bend it, you need to test drive it again to see if you have cured it.

T-Sporters complain of this whereas usual Yaris' dont as they have drums not discs on the rear!

Being vertical lines would make me think its a film, scratches from rings tend to be arced where you wipe your hand across the glass, also if it's a tint, it will be darker than the windscreen, as all the standard glass is the same factory green tinted glass

Being vertical lines would make me think its a film, scratches from rings tend to be arced where you wipe your hand across the glass, also if it's a tint, it will be darker than the windscreen, as all the standard glass is the same factory green tinted glass

Thanks for your help!!!

Its the tints mate, happened in my mates car mine is only year old so only got a few light scratches!

thanks it was the tint right enough. Got it replaced for £30.

I had the grinding noise on the rear of mine, in my case it was the handbrake drum(s?) full of dust.

Driving with the handbrake engaged?

Trying to give those Saxo's a bit of an advantage at the lights!! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links