Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Or Cd Changer?

Thundergrey

Hi

I have a 55 Plate 1.3 Yaris and I have been debating whether to install an Ipod link or CD multi changer.

Please excuse me if this subject has already been done to death, I am new to this forum and I have done a search but I could not a thread that answered this question specifically.

I would be grateful for feedback as to which would be the best option, mainly based on ease of use and navigation between albums/tracks.

My intention is to conceal the Ipod, if that is the best option, so control via the facia would not be an option.

I have seen an interesting thread on installing a stealth multi changer under the front passenger seat that looked good but would this be my best option?

How about it guys, any feedback?

Hi mate, Toyota do a crackin I Pod interface which can be hidden and controlled exclusively from stereo or steering

wheel controls. I'm not sure but I think its suitable across whole range of Toyotas, If you PM a member called

Partsking he will advise. Meantime have a look at the shortcut I've pasted, one of our members on the Rav4 forum

is s bit of a technical genius and has done a thread on this. It may help you to make up your mind.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69564

Cheers,

Dave :thumbsup:

Hi mate, Toyota do a crackin I Pod interface which can be hidden and controlled exclusively from stereo or steering

wheel controls. I'm not sure but I think its suitable across whole range of Toyotas, If you PM a member called

Partsking he will advise. Meantime have a look at the shortcut I've pasted, one of our members on the Rav4 forum

is s bit of a technical genius and has done a thread on this. It may help you to make up your mind.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69564

Cheers,

Dave :thumbsup:

Hi Dave

Thank you for your reply.

The link was very informative and well put together.

I wonder how the display on the RAV4 relates to a 55 plate Yaris. What information would be displayed and how would the controls operate?

Sounds like I should get in touch with Partsking for more info.

Thanks for the info once more

Dont think the info display would make any difference, you would still get name of artist / track no etc.

The kit works off stereo or steering wheel controls so once I Pod is plugged in you can forget about it.

As you say Partsking would provide info, Anchorman is a very helpful guy and I'm sure any queries

you have he would be pleased to help. ;)

Dave.