Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nostalgia Poll (80's + 90's)

JappyBeast

Do you remember?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you remember?

• Look-in Magazine
    • Zoids
    • Scatch
    • Global Hyper Color T-Shirts
    • Nerds Sweets
    • Star Com Toys
    • Jase and the Wheeled Warriors
    • Rock Lords and Go-Bots
    • The Big Yellow Teapot
    • Big Trak
    • Busby (telecom)
    • Hedgehog Flavoured Crisps
    • Soda Streams
    • Mupped Babies
    • KickStart
    • Trapdoor
    • Screwball Scramble
    • Horace Goes Skiing
    • Moonie Doll
    • Micro Machines

Multi Select Poll.

They always say nostalgia is a bad thing but I just cant help it!!

Remember the night my dad brought the soda stream home... thought it was amazing but was always worried the glass bottle would explode!

All of the above trigger a part of my childhood.

I have a mkiii supra micromachine :D prefacelift aerotop lol

I've still got our Soda Stream, under the kitchen sink ... with three re-fill gas cylinders! ... Wo0O :P ... they changed the glass bottles to plastic ...

How about Tonka Toys (the original metal ones not these plastic one's now)...I had the big Yellow Dumper Truck.... used to sit in that and ride around the garden....ACE

Call that Nostalgia?......................I used to buy most of those for my two sons ;)

Now if you were talking of the 50's or 60's.................That is REAL nostalgia :P ;)

I remembered Soda Stream, Screwball Scramble & Micro Machines & have just remembered Trapdoor thanks to Jinxed's post but didn't remember it when I was reading the list so didn't choose it as an option

Remember thise snap band things that were discontinued as too many children maimed themselves on the sharp adges?

................and Puma Disks :D

My mate next door had a Johnny Seven machine gun, I was dead jelous!

Clackers (Used to break your wrist when operated)

Aztec Bars (Like a Mars bar)

"Sounds on 45" and "Words" magazines

Having a bath and using washing powder (Daz) to get a load of bubbles (dont think bubble bath was popular then!

Too many others to mention

Kingo :thumbsup:

Call that Nostalgia?......................I used to buy most of those for my two sons ;)

Now if you were talking of the 50's or 60's.................That is REAL nostalgia :P ;)

70'S, that was THE decade. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

just about a full set in the poll for me !

BigTrak was rubbish though. you sat on the sofa, programmed the keypad and BigTrak went into the next room, collected a Banana and brought it back to the Sofa. Except you had to go with it in order to load the banana into the truck !!! Revolutionary for it's time, very sophisticated for it's time, but rubbish nonetheless !

Big Trak was amazing, I had loads of fun with it.. I also had a dog like the one in the advert.

My mate had the trailer for it but broke it when he drove it down the stairs!

Big Trak was amazing, I had loads of fun with it.. I also had a dog like the one in the advert.

My mate had the trailer for it but broke it when he drove it down the stairs!

I bet you're sick of bananas though ! :P

Anyone remember 'Magic Robot' ?

Trapdoor was just classic :D

And I never got to have The Big Yellow Teapot or a Big Track and they were always on my Christmas List :( :(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Space Invaders ... seriously good game ... think that was late 70's though, but wow! ... me and my bro used to sit for hours playing that no joke!

and Spangles (hard boiled square sweets in wrappers which were slightly dipped in the middle) ... two different packets, fruity ones and old fashioned tasting ones (the best) :)

Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors - totally awesome cartoon

Did anyone else have a huge collection of trolls? I had loads of them! Everytime I got pocket money (which was rare!) I'd go and buy myself a troll!

Soda Stream - I begged my parents for one but got one of those Mr Ice machines instead - I thought Soda Streams were magic - how can it create a fizz like that?

80's cartoons rock - I ran a website once upon a time, but its long gone now!

I loved micro machines - the amega game was even better! i fricken loved that game lol :D

and yes Em i had about a million trolls - until somebody told me they would come alive at night and try and kill me lol :lol:

Most of the stuff mentioned so far I can remember one way or another.. either I had it/watched it or I got it for the kids.. but it has got me thinking of "stuff gone by".

Anyone have one of those things that were like two handles at each end, a long bit of string with a plastic rugbyl ball threaded to it.. you pulled your handles apart and shot the ball to the other end? (don't know what they were called)

I remember watching The Clangers on TV... remember the Soup Dragon? :lol:

Sapphire and Steel - David McCallum and Joanna Lumley

Space 1999

Who had an "Evil Kinevil" stunt set?.. superb stuff :lol:

and who remembers playing Flimbo's Quest on the Commadore 64?

Does anyone remember those cars that you had in a wrist watch that you wound up and it shot out in a ramp.. there was a dukes of hazzard one and a Knight Rider one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links