Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone Chips And Dings

x JoJo x

Anyone got any good suggestions on how to go over stone chips?

I have got the touch up paint that is matched to the car just wondered if there are any usefull ways of how to apply this...My dad said something about sanding it down to the metal slightly and the painting over that, but i thought...ARE YOU MAD SANDING A CAR :o !! Maybe that is the way...I have no idea...

And as for the dings i have a small one (not even visible) in the boot and one in the Drivers door (where someone has obviously opened their car door onto the car) These two arent even that easy to point out but would like to fix these just for peace of mind!!! :D

Any help would be great guys...

Cheers! :lol:

Just clean the area you want to touch up and apply the paint with a fine brush. I just leave mine though because I've got far too many! :rolleyes:

Your dad is right.. kinda

You can clean out the stonechips and touch them in with paint, allow to dry and wet sand smooth with the surface, then buff up the panel. Wouldn't recommend doing it yourself tho, get a pro to do it

If it’s that bad that it bothers you and you intend to keep the car for a while, then why not get the dings and chips done professionally?

I think it’s worth the little investment :thumbsup:

I had a couple of dings done on mine by a Dentbuster type company (wasn't actually Dentbuster though). Was cheaper to take it to a body shop when they had these people come to them, as I saved the call out fee then - cost £40 for 2 dings I think.

Hi Jo Jo ... I live in the Bristol area also and I quite often see these guys driving about ...

http://www.dingsanddents.co.uk/locations2.php?area_id=SW

also, I didnt realise until the other day that Halfords offer a service like this, so it might be worth getting them to have a look!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...ategoryId=31284

recently we had to go to get some rather deep scratches repaired to the door frame (someone wearing blakes got in and out the car a few times and they made some nasty deep marks) ... that cost just over a couple of hundred pounds ... the other options above would probably work out quite a bit cheaper ... its worth a go for a professional finish :)

Your dents really don't sound too bad but if you decide you just have to get them done, then I can personally recommend Dent Devils. They sorted out a nasty dent in my rear quarter that had been caused by someone in a car park flinging their door open. I think they're a national franchise company so there should be a guy near you. About £60 per panel.