Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lost Car Key

Valentin

Hello.

I've lost my car key and unfortunately it was the only one I had. So my poor Corolla is abandoned in the car park while I'm hoping something will turn up. To have everything put right will cost about £1300 and I can't believe there's no other way to get away not spending this ammount of money. All I have at the moment is the car key code. So if you know anything, I would really appreciate to hear anything useful.

Thanks.

Hello.

I've lost my car key and unfortunately it was the only one I had. So my poor Corolla is abandoned in the car park while I'm hoping something will turn up. To have everything put right will cost about £1300 and I can't believe there's no other way to get away not spending this ammount of money. All I have at the moment is the car key code. So if you know anything, I would really appreciate to hear anything useful.

Thanks.

What age is your car?

Can't you find a similar one in a scrappy with a matched set of locks and keys? I'd try contacting the sellers of any cars breaking for spares on eBay too.

You might find that a lockset from other similar Toyotas of the same era will do, though that would be more difficult to check.

PS - if you have the key code, then I'd have expected MR T to be able to source a replacement key. Is that not the case?

It's 2003 Corolla.

The problem is that the key is coded and has to match with the ignition chip or sort of... not sure how it works.

I would think with the manufacturers key code (the one I have) I should be able to get a replacement key, instead of replacing all the parts and only have the computer recoded??? :(

Ok, If youve lost your keys your in the brown stuff to be honest

2003 corolla so current (discontinued shape)?

Theres 2 ways but then again the price difference is not great so

1st -

New ecu/lock set /keys/wireless entry unit and about 4 hours labour

or

2nd

have the ecu blanked and recoded and then new locks and keys

Toyota cant order you another key - well theyc an but only a grey sub key which will open the car and start the car but will set alarm off.

You need 1 black master key to program another black master key

sub keys are pointless and most new models dont come with them

If you need any help then pm me and i can give you a call and advise further

Hi im mobile locksmith i have just done a toyota corrola with no keys on a 52 plate we re flashed the ecu and supplied 3 x new keys 1 x remote key and 2 standard keys works great on all toyota's and lexus.

And mr t wanted 1300 quid to sort out and we did for under half that price.

If you would like any help

send me a email to :

pomsecurity@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

Gary

By the way forgot to say if you re flash the ecu you dont have to change the locks just get new keys cut from your key code , but you do need 3 x keys to carry out the process

Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...

i've lost mine b4 and the locksmith charged me for 350 for two spare keys and flashed ECU... but he made my keyhole on the passenger side door a bit sxit :huh: at least i can drive i don't mind too much.