Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Megan Manifold And New Clutch Fitting

sphinktar1988

Went in today at 10.30 and got a few phone call thru out the day to tell me wats happenin

5 o clock came and got a phone call saying that its going to be tomorrow i get it back :( gutted

7 hours + at least another tomorrow to fit a clutch and manifold? is that about right

also how important is it to change the release bearing?

Pics n an update on it tomoz

If doing it on a ramp a can have a Yaris gearbox out, clutch changed and gearbox back in just over 2 hours.

If the box is already out you may aswell get the release bearing changed as it should only cost you in parts and not labour as they just clip onto the clutch arm.

The manifold shouldnt take a huge amount of time unless they are having trouble with siezed/rusted/rounded fixings.

Mart

well they had a problem with my fan being stuck in place from a crash the car was in before but got round that n 30 mins

manifold was no bother at all so im jst wondering why the clutch has taken so long :S

glad it was a set price

When i had my clutch fitted it took around 2 hours,

the techy who did it had not done a yaris before either.

i guess as you have said its a fixed price, maybe they are working on yours

inbetween timed jobs ;)

aye must be it im guessin

cnt wait to get it back tomoz :D

do you have to wear a new clutch in?

right got the car back today

WHAT A MESS

they have ripped my under engine liner out and binned it

binned my both my cold air feed pipes

pulled out a bit of plastic near the radiator

scratched my front bumper

also

the Battery wasnt even bolted down

and to finish it all off

my car is now snatching to the left when i drive

if i lift the clutch fast or de accelerate there is a loud banging

the exhaust/manifold rattles like hell

and the manfold sounds as if it is blowing

my gear box is clunky as out proper takes force to get it in to gear

what the hell should i do ? taking it back tomorrow but not sure how helpful they will be with it

Thats awful, make a claim to get your stuff back and make them fix it!!

You paid money for god sake, is it a reputable place?

Was that at an independant garage or a toyota dealership??

Either way that is ridiculous!!! Its not rocket science removing a 'box/fitting new clutch and refitting the 'box.

The banging sound like they havent tightened the g'box mount or fitted it incorrectly.

Take it back and get them to sort it properly.

Mart

Was that at an independant garage or a toyota dealership??

Either way that is ridiculous!!! Its not rocket science removing a 'box/fitting new clutch and refitting the 'box.

The banging sound like they havent tightened the g'box mount or fitted it incorrectly.

Take it back and get them to sort it properly.

Mart

Sounds like John Wayne did the job, with a little help from Roy Rogers!

My brother had a Calibra (4x4 turbo) that was a complete cnut to change the clutch, then, he was told it would need bedding in and adjusting. The guy 'Never got the time' to do this and guess what? Yup the flippin' thing went again! Whole engine out job, too! Still, the bloke had to do it gratis, this time!

Make 'em do it right and replace the missing parts. :(

went back today and stood my ground but didnt get very far

got it up on the ramps and it turned out the manifold has lowered my exhaust so it is touching the big bit or metal under the engine? i did no the name of it but minds gone blank

so basically cause i suppyed the manifold its my problem

sports cats on the way so hopefully this will help fix the problem

as for the pulling to the left they said it was nothing to do with them

but they undid the shocks and unhooked the drive shafts which will knock out the tracking wont it?

the scratches on the car they said were on wen it came in :angry:

all the parts taken off are "supposedly" being returned tomorrow

as for the banging i cant tell if its the clutch ? or the manifold hitting the antiroll bar and the "bit of metal below the engine"

aas for the clutch they gave me my NEW release bearing back today n i was like why wasnt it on the car?

they said it wouldnt fit on so they used my old one with the new clutch/preasure plate :S

it was a big local garage they have about 6 ones in my area "croxdales"

If they have unbolted the shocks from the hubs (no need to do this) then the camber setting could be wrong.

The best way to get the shafts out is just undoing/seperating the bottom ball joints.

Where did you get the bits from as the release bearing not fitting?

Mart

from an auction on eBay but i sent serveral emails to check it was right and also checked the part number with the manufacturer

well the camber is out already from lowering but i didnt think camber made the steering vere side to side

cheers

The megan manifold can cause some clunking with standard exhaust mid-section and also causes a heck of a lot of noise! Sounds like you get nowhere, get in touch with office fair trading, get advice on how to tackle it if you still get nowhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring an old thread but on the standard manifold theres a bracket from the manifold to the block to keep it firmly in place, but on the Megan header there isnt anywhere to mount the bracket. This is what we thought was wrong with it. Im thinking of having a mount made up as the clunking is quite annoying.

its because the standard manifold fits against the cat on a ball joint so it can flex with the engine movement under acceleration

the megan manifold is a flat face flange so if you have the megan maniold with a standard pipe it cant flex under acceleration therefore as soon as you drive it hits you anti roll bar/engine sub frame as mine did

once the sport cat is on its fine tho as there is flexi pipe in the sports cat to deal with the movement in the engine

i do agree tho my manifold could do with a suppost backet as it sstill rattles a weee bit under hard accleration

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links