Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Through A Glass Darkly!

welshphil

Interesting point on TV last night.The police have an instrument to measure how much light penetrates the window glass.Less than 75% and they issue an immediate prohibition.Only applies to motor vehicles,you can blank out your house windows without penalties!!Good to hold the figure in your mind when blacking out your windows.Only caught a bit of the programme,anyone else see it or did I dream it(another elderly moment!)

Interesting point on TV last night.The police have an instrument to measure how much light penetrates the window glass.Less than 75% and they issue an immediate prohibition.Only applies to motor vehicles,you can blank out your house windows without penalties!!Good to hold the figure in your mind when blacking out your windows.Only caught a bit of the programme,anyone else see it or did I dream it(another elderly moment!)

No your not dreaming it is true...you can limo black out your back side windows in your Vehicle but the fronts are not allowed to be more than 75%....some "Barry boys" need all the tinting they can get :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was shot down in flames when I mentioned the police having a light meter on here a while ago! :o

One of our techys was pulled up outside the gates of our dealership, they didnt confiscate the car, but he did get a fixed penalty.

Kingo :thumbsup:

I was shot down in flames when I mentioned the police having a light meter on here a while ago! :o

One of our techys was pulled up outside the gates of our dealership, they didnt confiscate the car, but he did get a fixed penalty.

What is excessively tinted glass?

Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 as amended specify the minimum levels of light that must pass through the windscreen and front side windows.

The limits are:

Motor Vehicles first used before 1 April 1985:

The windscreen and front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.

Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985:

The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.

The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.

If the glass is tinted to a point whereby it lets through less light, then the vehicle does not meet legal requirements.

Here's the LINK

B) B) B) B)

Our techys windows were nearly black, lol

HA HA HA He did not see the copper approaching then.....

Off all the peolpe that should have know......DOH

Our techys windows were nearly black, lol

HA HA HA He did not see the copper approaching then.....

Off all the peolpe that should have know......DOH

The !Removed! was probably wearing sunglasses too!

Joking aside, that IS quite common! Even the police motorcyclists do it! Tint the visor to legal standard, then wear sunglasses AND that is perfectly legal!

If you do think of breaking the recomendation make shure you use the stick on tint type so if your stopped you do have a chance to peel it of.Vosa roadside inspectors have had this device for over a year,we had an on spot inspection about a year ago and there was a car in for a drive shaft,he swooped on this even though it was not part of his mot swoop as I call it.He did his test and issued a cert for the car not to be moved until it was rectified and had a fresh mot,you can imagine what the customer thought of that when he come to collect his var in the eve....this is probably in the pipeline for us testers although it is a fail but we can't prove it without a meter,,regards glyn