Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your Thoughts?

GIDDLEPIN

I have been thinking about ways the government could acquire some extra taxes that would benefit society and at the end of the day give contribution payers the opportunity to recoup payments made over their lifetime.

They would call it “Prison Tax”. A simple levy paid to the treasury out of your wages to cover the unfortunate event of being incarcerated at her majesty’s pleasure in one of our many institutions.

Should the circumstances arise when a crime is committed causing this event to take place then the “Said” contributions paid in to the scheme will enable the perpetrator to claim “Prison allowance”, this will be a set amount made payable weekly to each individual throughout his/her stay in the establishment.

Benefits in the scheme would also cover subsidised meals and discounted clothing; any spouse would also be eligible for tax benefits during any period of imprisonment.

The main incentive of this scheme on retirement (65 for males, 60 for females (at present)), would be a cash lump sum for all those that have gone through life without ever serving a prison sentence, anyone that does would immediately be exempt from such a rebate.

Les, you would still be losing out, if you dont go to prison you dont get the chance

to sue the goverment for thousands for having the cheek to ask you to slop out.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

the fact that a large percentage of the people who end up i prison never have a job in the first place doesnt deter you?

I'd rather just pay less tax and have the government manage it properly.... can't ever see it happening though.

Also the human right lawyers would have a field day and you would get charged something daft like 40% on the cash lump sum.

ways the government could acquire some extra taxes that would benefit society

I should show you my wage slip ever month to see how much I pay already.

I’ll keep out of this debate...

(* heads towards the joke page)

why should i pay more tax for scum :angry:

surely opening yourself a savings account would be a much better idea ;) .

I'll keep out of this debate too.......goes to follow TVOR to jokes thread.

Some interesting replies :yes:

I can’t understand why the tax payer wouldn’t contribute to this scheme after all quite a few of us pay for something similar.

The question I asked was hypothetical up to a point, ignore the last paragraph and instead of “Prison Allowance” put “Family Allowance”

There are thousands of us that either by choice or circumstance decide that parenthood is something we prefer not to experience yet we pay taxes on the off chance that you might become one.

Interesting thought eh? ;)

Les

The main incentive of this scheme on retirement (65 for males, 60 for females (at present), would be a cash lump sum for all those that have gone through life without ever serving a prison sentence...

I can’t understand why the tax payer wouldn’t contribute to this scheme...

You can’t? groan.gif

I think what you are referring to is commonly called a 'Pension' or 'Savings'.

The main incentive of this scheme on retirement (65 for males, 60 for females (at present), would be a cash lump sum for all those that have gone through life without ever serving a prison sentence...

I can’t understand why the tax payer wouldn’t contribute to this scheme...

You can’t? groan.gif

I think what you are referring to is commonly called a 'Pension' or 'Savings'.

Woops!!!!

How silly of me :blush:

I don't mind paying that at all :thumbsup:

I understand where you are coming from and actually agree with the aim of the topic, but as has already been said we will end up paying for the scum bags who never ever work, and constantly commit petty crimes or worse.

What about the illegal immigrants, and the crime they commit.

Do the police actually prosecute some people, if they have no job and are a known regular offender they get off with some of the silly stuff you and I would get charged with because we hold down a job. I know of one case recently, the cops let him off because he was driving a car that was taxed, with no license or insurance, he was known to the police and given his circumstances they just let him off

I also think I am paying way too much tax at the mo, just checked this month's line and between Tax and Ni I have just gave the wonderful government over 900 quid this month, which now that I have added it up is almost sickening. What do I get for my 900 quid, removed straight from my earnings.

But the real shocker for me is " we have a joke thread" ....

Oh Really??................You didn't keep out for long :rolleyes:

I wonder if those of us who are approaching the twighlight years of our working lives would qualify for the payout if we have not spend any time at "Her Majestys Pleasure"??

alternatively how about this....

we all pay a one off payment of 2 quid. This 2 quid is intended to support us and prevent us from ever commiting a serious crime ever again(in the event that we commit one in the first place).

It would work something like this....

The !Removed! commits a horrible crime. They are determined guilty. They get driven to an offenders complex and the 2 quid is sent off to korea for an anti crime prevention unit. This unit is subsequently deployed when it arrives and the offender no longer finds it possible to commit further serious crime....

and it can have the really cool name of 5.56mm Bullet tax! Think of the tax benefits of THIS strategy! :D

and who said we dont have thought provoking threads here..lol

think bullet tax idea is cost effective but a tad harsh

i like your thinking tho giddlepin

Im really not sure i understand the point of another tax - when we already pay tax which helps take care of those in jail already - shouldnt they be able to manage that money correctly and make sure everything gets taken care of out of that pot? :unsure:

People who are money savvy will already put money away by the time retirement comes

The thing with taxes is - nobody really knows where every penny gets spent - ie some people dont drive and yet im 99% sure that some of their tax money will be spent on the roads and maintaining them , so for me to demand that not one penny of my money went on schools and education just because i dont want kids ever - is a bit stupid, and think what sort of mess the goverment would be in if they had to seperate all the cash - 'oh no cant spend that £20 on school books because the person that paid it doesnt want kids'

that said - i would be happy to pitch in some extra cash if they could guarantee that a certain road would get fixed etc etc (because the roads round here need serious attention!)

a tad harsh

compared to what? Of course it seems harsh compared to the current bleeding heart tree hugging hippy redemption rubbish thats being forced onto the most hardened of offenders. ***** I keep waiting for some prisoner to sue the government because they werent treated harshly enough to deter them from repeat offending. The days coming.

I think harsh is probably the better of the 2 plans as getting rid of the death penalty doesn't really seem to have prevented murders, child molesting, abuse causing death, or stupid little idiot tennagers with guns does it :ermm:

Oh Really??................You didn't keep out for long :rolleyes:

Here we go again Red Yaris! :(

There will be no state pension when I get to retirement age... *follows TVOR & Kimi to jokes thread*

a tad harsh

compared to what? Of course it seems harsh compared to the current bleeding heart tree hugging hippy redemption rubbish thats being forced onto the most hardened of offenders. ***** I keep waiting for some prisoner to sue the government because they werent treated harshly enough to deter them from repeat offending. The days coming.

I think harsh is probably the better of the 2 plans as getting rid of the death penalty doesn't really seem to have prevented murders, child molesting, abuse causing death, or stupid little idiot tennagers with guns does it :ermm:

am certainly not for the tree hugging hippy redemtion rubbish..and you can shoot above listed offenders if you like but shooting someone for example fraud or shoplifting seems a tad harsh...maybe just slap those ones about a bit?

i think public humilation is the way to go stick em in the stocks in the middle of town see what happens..lol

for example fraud or shoplifting seems a tad harsh...maybe just slap those ones about a bit?

i think public humilation is the way to go stick em in the stocks in the middle of town see what happens..lol

Maybe just repo all their stuff and give it to honest folk that need it. Im kinda fond on punishment fitting the crime with exception to biggies of the horrendous type... the type that opt out of the social contract we were all priveleged to be given membership of when we were born. Slap around muggers and people done for assault by all means is fine with me lol

and lol humiliation... the old ones are sometimes the best!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links