Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo'd '94 Rav

bothwell_buyer

As a wee update, after trialling the completed car, a clutch problem developed :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: which we think may be caused by a broken spring :ffs: in the clutch housing. Give us a chance to look at the original MR2 clutch to see if its up to handling the 4 wheeel drive power

No big deal as Parts-King is sending up some bushes to hold the car in a straight line anyway!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its an engine out job unfortunately, but this time will be more straightforward having done it already - looks great with 18" wheels and KAD brakes by the way.

Ian Strachan of Royal family fame !!!!!!! Naw - it wisnae £50k I asked fur - it wis £500M :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have we seen any pictures Bothy?

I have pictures but am worried to publish in case dave M sees the opportchansity to get some bits.....

I have pictures but am worried to publish in case dave M sees the opportchansity to get some bits.....

YOU RANG ????? thief.jpg

YOU RANG ????? thief.jpg

Aye right.

Butthey use black bin bags in this area!!

I took some photos today and will load them up later.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Gearbox removed with engine still in situ.....

clutch plate at fault - we think as it was worn (but not totally) then it wasn't handling the power from the engine thru to the 4 wheel drive. New clutch being fitted and hopefully allow some road tests very soon. Got some great photos of the underneath - exhaust and front brakes.

Amazed at the good condition of the front subframe....after 13 years! Just like new.

However bad news is the front bull bar is more rotten than I thought so that'll need replaced very soon. Its the type that wrapped around the headlights .

I'll load up the photos to my website. Rear step is also a bit bent from hooking up trailers, but i reckon either a new one or removing it is the solution. :( :unsure: :)

Gearbox removed with engine still in situ.....

clutch plate at fault - we think as it was worn (but not totally) then it wasn't handling the power from the engine thru to the 4 wheel drive. New clutch being fitted and hopefully allow some road tests very soon. Got some great photos of the underneath - exhaust and front brakes.

Amazed at the good condition of the front subframe....after 13 years! Just like new.

However bad news is the front bull bar is more rotten than I thought so that'll need replaced very soon. Its the type that wrapped around the headlights .

I'll load up the photos to my website. Rear step is also a bit bent from hooking up trailers, but i reckon either a new one or removing it is the solution. :( :unsure: :)

New high grade clutch to cop wi the 300bhp and we're aff......

100mph in 3rd gear -

bldn hl!

New high grade clutch to cop wi the 300bhp and we're aff......

100mph in 3rd gear -

bldn hl!

:eek: Bothy, I don't think you have a RAV anymore, you have a low flying jet fighter...that just happens to look like a RAV! :lol::lol::lol:

Glad she's back on the road and living up to all the expectations and hard work put into her. Well done to you and your lads at the garage :toast:

• 2 weeks later...

After a traumatic week, I went up to Callander to watch the sons play rugby.

Took the RAV whilst I have it during the 'bedding' down period. The roads were wet with some showers. However the RAV was running well. The suspension bushes haven't been done yet so its still a bit 'twitchy' on the road. Accelaration is good and I really enjoyed out-accelarating a new Audi A5. He passed me on a clear stretch doing 120 - I felt that 110 in 4th was enough until the bushes get sorted!

It happily runs along at 110 in 5th with more to give... will get photos uploaded soon.

With the old dears funeral on wednesday things have been pretty hectic and I've not had a chance to keep up with the posts.....

Glad the RAV's doing well Bothy....bet you gave the Audi driver a shock :o :eek: :ffs: woooooooooooosh..........................

Once it's all done your have to get it on a drag strip to really let her fly.......

All the best with all your family stuff next week......... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't worry your not missing much just some sheep jokes and and some Irish labours filling in the wrong hole in a wall :rolleyes::unsure: :unsure: :P :P

• 2 weeks later...

Aifter a ra stuff last week, the RAV is awa tae get tuned. Theres a wee wobble oan the suspension somewhere so the guys are looking at that the day; and a few other wee things then I've asked them to turn the turbo oan a wee bit mair cos the front wheels dinna lift aff the road when acclerating.

T guys, being miracle workers got to it richt awa, so hopefully get the beast back soon. Running the Punto up tae 7000rpm jist isnae the same.

An fur Dave.Ms attenshun, its awa tae get an MOT tae. Ye buy them in Motherwell Toon Centre fur £3.50 an a bar o soap.

Photos soon to be loaded up on my site which is not profit making jist in case The Moderator is looking (by the way, The Moderator in Scotland is a Religious Persona whits purely Protestant an has hee haw tae dae wi Cafflics, Jews, Muslims or ony other sensible people). Forii such as this need to rename 'Moderator' fur fear o contraveenin religious bigotry laws in Scotland!

Yer Wee Free frae Fife :blink: :blink: :shutit:

I dont know what that boys drinking but i want some, Richie.

And watch the sheep jokes.

Hey Flossy and I clean the car whenever I feel the need of her warm fluffy coat...Then dunk her good and proper before ringing her neck and HANG in the shed to dry out.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Wales and Scotland (just cant speak the lingo or understand any of it either, especially when typed.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Wonder what happens if you throw Bothwell into Google translate?

Wonder what happens if you throw Bothwell into Google translate?

Fur yer information, Bothwell is a small village frae the 1300s wi an auld Church; an even aulder castle; and a few hundred hooses that sell fur mair than onywan but a fitba player can afford.

Ah wis living in Bothwell fur 12 years but left cos its fu o junkies (so ahm telt) that buy hooses. Google awa! I jist use B_Buyer as I aspire to grater things? B)

Noo, ma RAV will out-accelarate thur flashy Bentleys an dark-windied Range Rovers an seein their peely wally face when ah dae is puir magic!!!

RAVS ARE FUREVER

I dont know what that boys drinking but i want some, Richie.

And watch the sheep jokes.

Wots an XT fur?

Wi-oot reading o'er aw the posts; ah cannae remember if ah said whit ma insurance bill is fur the RAV. Did ah tell ye?? Dya want tae ken?? :yes: :yes: :thumbsup::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: