Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Light Coming On When Stopping Quickly

wedmonds

Hi People,

My better half has a Yaris and noticed that oil light coming on yesterday when on the way home.

It does not stay on for any length of time but only flicks up when stoping quickly. I dont mean an emergency stop but more a quick stop.

The car is fairly old and seriviced regular etc. Does not look like oil is low so i wondered if there was anything silly to check?

Thanks all

mine did this but it was cause i had almost stupidly low levels of oil in

maybe your sensors nackered?

probs say top ur oil up but DO NOT overfill it as this is as bad as havin none in jst up to the ful mark see how it goes

if not looks like it will be a garage jobie

Hi People,

My better half has a Yaris and noticed that oil light coming on yesterday when on the way home.

It does not stay on for any length of time but only flicks up when stoping quickly. I dont mean an emergency stop but more a quick stop.

The car is fairly old and seriviced regular etc. Does not look like oil is low so i wondered if there was anything silly to check?

Thanks all

If the oil is in good condition, ( fairly new) and at the correct level then there's nothing to worry about.

There's normally a baffle in some cars sumps especially high performance cars to prevent the oil sloshing about, I guess the Yaris doesn't have one.

My previous car a Fiesta had a similar problem. The oil light would come on when I was going down hills or braked sharply.

It needed a top-up & this sorted it out.

When I had a service the mechanic noticed that there was a slight oil leak, but could add something to the oil to stop it.

After this the oil light never came on again, but the engine started making a very bad noise & lost power one day.

It turned out the oil level was very low & a little end had gone! So always check oil levels on a regular basis even if the light doesn't come on?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links